Picking course for Business majors

<p>Any thought on which courses to select? PSYC 2004 vs SOC 1004, ENGL 1105-1106 vs COMM 1015-7, and lastly BIO vs CHEM vs Physics</p>

<p>For the last one Physics 1 is easier than Chem 1, but chem 2 is considerably easier than physics 2 if you have to take both. I never took bio so I don’t know about that.</p>

<p>I think business majors can take Intro Chem (1015-1016)… I’ve taken both and they’ve been extremely easy.</p>

<p>Psyc and Soc have their pros and cons. Depending on the teacher, Soc can have more reading and papers. Psyc doesn’t require a lot of work in the lecture, but there’s a weekly recitation where you have a quiz (10 pts), and either a homework or essay due based on reading in the recitation book. Personally I think Soc was an easier A but it also appealed to me alot more.</p>

<p>chuy, what makes you say chem1 is easier than phys1. I’ve taken all three intro sciences (bio, chem, and phys) and chemistry is much easier considering it’s diluted with non-engineering majors- thus making the material and curve a bit easier. </p>

<p>Biology is also pretty easy, but I found it extremely boring. Expect to read the book a couple times. Chang doesn’t teach physics, so all the physics1 teachers kinda suck. Also, if you’re not good at calc1 or calc2, DON’T take Physics.</p>

<p>Despite that, yeah, physics 1 is kinda easy. If you’re good at calculus and math, then physics would be a good option.</p>

<p>Thanks for comments. Is there a particular website thats good for selecting teachers?</p>

<p>there are 2 beginner physics classes: 2205 and 2305, 2205 is for non-engineers/physics majors etc. similar to chem 1035 and chem 1015…As a business major you dont need to take chem 1035 or physics 2305 which are more quantitative problem solving based. Also I think business majors can take Astronomy for the science requirement. As for finding the best teachers look on k00fers, and ask upperclassmen.</p>