Pitt Honors Discussion and Results 2022, Class of 2026

Hi, all. I have twin sons, one accepted to Pitt Honors, one waitlisted honors (but accepted to Pitt). Anyone have any scoop from prior years about the odds of getting off the Honors waitlist? Just trying to get a sense of our likely options. Waitlist letter says not to expect additional info until after May 1.

1 Like

So glad for her!

1 Like

Now, good luck to those in Honors for a Chancellorā€™s invite!!

And for those students waitlisted, Iā€™m confident things will loosen up in the spring.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if they post rejection letters? We are not seeing anything.

1 Like

Any idea when the Chancellors invites will be out?

Yes, at an admitted students day, a couple of others on the regular Pitt thread said Chancellorā€™s would come later in the week! Good luck!

2 Likes

My older son (current Pitt junior) got in to Honors off the waitlist in very early May of 2019.

My current high school senior just got waitlisted for Honors tonight. Sigh.

3 Likes

Waitlisted for honors and no merit. OOS. 1520 SAT. 35 ACT. 3.9 unweighted. Three sport Varsity athlete, targeted ECā€™s. SMH.

1 Like

Waitlisted for Honors and no merit here too (small unsubsidized loan offer only).
OOS; 1560 SAT; 36 ACT; 3.52 UW/4.24W (I think GPA is probably where things stumbled); 17 AP classes, all AP exams passed with 3+, mostly 4s, several 5s; 2-sport varsity (began lettering in freshman year); heavy robotics team involvement; part-time job experience; NHS; volunteer work. Applied in early November. Demonstrated interest with an on-campus visit.

Tough year. Congratulations to all of those who were accepted!

1 Like

Waitlisted for Honors. Assume no merit as there was nothing else in her Document Center?
Still, very grateful she was admitted to SCI for Comp Sci.

3.95uw / 4.31w
10 APā€™s
1560 SAT
OOS (California)

Congrats to all who got in and good luck to all the waitlisted and still waiting kids!

1 Like

Wow, really high achievers waitlisted, but i do think things will loosen up in May. Best of luck.

2 Likes

My son got in honors for engineering.

Good luck to those waitlisted!

3 Likes

I hear you and feel you. This cycleā€¦.hmpf.

I got accepted into the honors college (with a pretty low SAT compared to some of the waitlisted candidates) and am very surprised! I was offered a small merit award shortly after being accepted to Pitt in February, but was wondering if Iā€™m still in the running for the Chancellorā€™s scholarship? Any info?

3 Likes

Yes you are if you have been accepted to Pitt Honors. Only 60 get the Chancellorā€™s invite to interview. Best of luck!

1 Like

We see a decline letter for the honors program in the portal. Like everything so far at Pitt, we have been really impressed with the tone in their communications. Our son is still really excited he got in and we are almost ready to commit to Pitt. Congratulations to all those who got in! 2026 is going to be an amazing class!

9 Likes

The waitlist letter was very well written as well

2 Likes

DC was accepted to honors; now I wish weā€™d attended the honors info session when we went to the admitted students day in February, but we didnā€™t want to count chickens before they hatched! (Does anyone who did attend want to share what they learned, beyond whatā€™s on the website?)

OOS; 3.9UW/4.7 W; 33 ACT; law, criminal justice, and society major; GAP for law.

2 Likes

There was an impressive student panel sharing the research they are involved with. Also shared activities too. You gathered a sense of community apart from academics if a student taps in. The sky is the limit whether in Honors or not and just pursuing genuine interests. We were impressed

3 Likes

Son accepted to honors. OOS, Bio major. 1500 SAT, 95.5 average (his school doesnā€™t do GPA on a 4 point scale), IB diploma. Seems like a great opportunity! One question: he did not get any merit. Is it common for people to get into honors but no merit? Or is it two completely unrelated things?

1 Like