Pitt Honors Discussion and Results 2022, Class of 2026

When you talked to them today, did they say they are mailing merit letters? Or, will the last of merit come via email?

Congrats @Luanne ! My engineering son also got in to honors and is excited. I think our sons are considering several of the same schools. I will be interested to hear how the decision-making goes. My S22 is quite undecided - we have several campus visits this month!

I am also impressed by the amazing kids that are waitlisted, and will think positive thoughts that spots open up for them. I am wondering if my S22 benefited from applying so early (end of Sept) - not to take anything away from him, but I didnā€™t think his essay was ā€˜amazingā€™. I havenā€™t read anything to suggest that applying early matters for honors, so this is total speculation on my partā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks. Congrats to your son as well!

We have a lot of indecision here as well. We have a few trips planned, but it is hard to fit them in. I wish decisions werenā€™t due until June 1. May is a lot less busy than March and April.

Yes so many great kids are waitlisted! Such a process.

Also, anyone checking their kidā€™s portal way too often to see if there is a Chancellor invite in there? and if so have you noticed how the letters keep moving around (like changing the order they are in) I donā€™ know why they do that, but every time they get my hopes up that there is something new in there!

Do honor students move in a week earlier? Anyone know the ā€œtentativeā€ dates for that?

Move in dates for the past two years have been staggered over two weeks due to covid restrictions. Itā€™s hard to say what the situation will be this August. In non covid times, students generally moved in about a week before classes start. I believe classes are scheduled to start Aug 29 so would guesstimate around the 22nd.

1 Like

Has anyone received a Chancellors interview invite yet, or merit award since receiving the honors admission? Holding out hope (and donā€™t think portal has been checked since early last night).

1 Like

I believe they said the final merit notifications would be mailed via snail mail. Theyā€™re also supposed to show up in the Doc Center, but I havenā€™t heard of anyone getting anything since Honors decisions were released. They just finished Stamps and Nordenberg announcements, so they should be coming soon (I believe someone said by the end of the week)

1 Like

D22 just notified that she is a Stamps Scholar!!!

11 Likes

Congratulations!!! Thatā€™s amazing - one of five!

1 Like

But waitlisted for honors! Just to show you how competitive Pitt Honors is this year!

2 Likes

Many many many congratulations to your D22!!! In this crazy cycle it is so nice to hear good news happening to good people!

3 Likes

That just seems so crazy!

Thank you so much! Sheā€™s thrilled!!

Shows you they are independent from each other, and I think Honors focuses on academics and the essay. Stamps considers a lot more, but scholarship is 1 component.

1 Like

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Did anyone not receive any response to their honors application?

1 Like

I know you are over the moon @Winky1ā€¦ So much to be proud of!
I know one big thing Stamps and Nordenberg base it on is leadership. This is the main thing that kept my S19 from applying to these as most his activities didnā€™t involve major leadership roles (except Pres. of NHS). But nothing that stood out.

Your D22 must have nailed it on leadership as well!

As for honors, well, you know, Pitt spreads the wealthā€¦ Thatā€™s all I have to say about that.

2 Likes

Thank you, shes a great kid.

1 Like

once a new document is uploaded into the files centre, there should be an email sent to your kidā€™s email address. At least thatā€™s what happened with my admissions letter to U Pitt and the waitlist letter for honors.

2 Likes