Pitt Merit Aid thread - Class of 2027

I think you bring up a great point that we should all stay optimistic until at least mid-March after honors decisions. There is still hope!

Same boat. $53000 was def higher then all the numbers presented. Very disappointed but luckily has other great options but still really hoped for pitt. Hang in there

3 Likes

I always thought NY state had good in-state options: good quality at an affordable price. We live in the wrong state.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am reeling over the OOS COA for a Computer Science major (School of Computing & Information). It’s $58,564!!! (not counting indirect costs). I wonder if this is the high end estimate. This is crazy!!! PSU COA for OOS is $52,862! I thought for sure Pitt would be lower.

Yes we are lucky for sure! This is UB’s tuition so pretty expensive for OOS but they give good scholarships. Not available for UB but several SUNY’s have a new tuition match program for some states.

1 Like

Thanks for the information! Yeah, we live in PA and even the regional state schools (Penn State branch campuses and PASSHE schools) are more expensive (not to mention Pitt and Penn State main campus). I will check out the article.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if there’s still a chance to get a merit scholarship this late on? I applied in November and just received my Financial Aid Offer with no merit scholarships. Im in state, 1540 SAT, 4.0 UW GPA, 4/400 class rank, rigorous course load, 10 APs and good ecs.

2 Likes

Which school did you apply to/which major?

There seems to be almost no money for CS this year.

1 Like

I applied to Dietrich with a major of Neuroscience. I would love to go to pitt but there’s no way I can with a price tag of over 30k a year :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

Until March 1st anything is possible! Beyond that one would wait to see if Chancellor’s Scholarships is possible after Honors decisions come out. My kid also awaits with super high stats, and only 5500$ in unsubsidized loans.

6 Likes

Am I understanding this correctly…Pitt Success Grant and Panther Pride are need based grants not merit? Merit will come separately?

2 Likes

Yes, those are grants. They are not merit scholarships.

3 Likes

Those are need based.

Pitt reviews applications for merit weekly until March 1, so there are about 10 days remaining. It’s possible to still get merit, including chancellor’s if your student applied, but the window is closing soon.

3 Likes

@TinaLaura @CCName1 Thank you!

1 Like

Have many nursing students received merit?

Any CS students receive merit? I heard there’s not much merit coming from SCI school/CS dept…

S23 received a tuition exchange scholarship and his intended major is CS. Tuition exchange (TE) is available to faculty and staff working at member colleges/universities.

3 Likes

Can anyone confirm when honors invites will go out? Is this emailed to students or will it be on the portal in the docs section? And about a week later, Chancellor’s interview invites would go out to about 50 honors students? Thanks.

1 Like

Not one dime of merit for OOS CS kid. Last week They invited us to take out a loan

2 Likes

Did you at least get decent financial aid? We are happy with the generous financial aid ($16K) but disappointed to see no merit (yet-won’t give up until March 1st.)

2 Likes