Please chance me for computer science

<p>Please tell me my chance of getting in Wisconsin-Madison. I'm an out-of-state student, and from a pretty competitive high school. (although it's a public school with senior class size of 300, about 20 went to ivy league last year). Including this senior year, I've taken 9 AP's. My unweighted GPA's about 3.57 and I have 1810 on SAT (CR: 510, Math: 680, Writing: 620). </p>

<p>Here's my EC:</p>

<p>Math Team
Chess Club (President)
FBLA (on school Executive Board; I won 1st places in school, regional, and state competitions)
500+ hours volunteer service. (btw, how do i write this on my application?)
Ecology Club (Last year's vice president)
SGA (i was in a committee)
NHS (Mentor)
Red Cross (Secretary)</p>

<p>Here's my awards/honors:</p>

<p>Maryland Governor's Citation
Who’s Who Among American High School Students
1st Place in FBLA State Competition
Awarded Student of the Month twice</p>

<p>I really want to major in computer science. Do you think I'll be in for that? Or, should I apply as undecided?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>I think you have a good chance. I got in with a 3.58 UW GPA 5 APs, way less ECs, a 1950 SAT and OOS. If thats an engineering major you are going it could be more difficult, but I bet you get into the general school.</p>

<p>Thanks Cryto!</p>

<p>I realized that computer science is under the College of Letters and Science.
It seems to me that it's treated as a liberal arts study.
Should I apply to Computer Engineering instead?
Computer Engineering is more like a hardware stuff and it's under the College of Engineering.</p>

<p>Anyone?</p>

<p>Thanks for comments!</p>

<p>You get admitted to the university as a whole, it doesn't matter what your intended major is or which school/college you want. You can change/decide your major after you are enrolled or even semesters later.</p>