Please Chance Me for UIUC, Purdue, UMD-College Park and Texas A&M for Engineering!

For sure! Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your advice and tips for me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you have had a solid first semester senior year, have your guidance counselor send those grades to all of these schools as soon as possible. That could help the argument that junior year was a fluke.

The fact that you got a 5/4 on the AP in Mechanics and E&M should help offset your grade somewhat. How did you do in Calc with your grades and AP scores?

Purdue releases EA decisions in mid January so it may be too late for them but UIUC has pushed back their decision date and UMD CP usually is in early February. Not sure about TAMU.

1 Like

Did Purdue ask for your 7th semester grades? I have friends who applied there for Engineering and they did ask for them. I assume those students are on the border. I know other people who applied for Engineering with much higher stats than those students and they were not asked for 7th semester. These were all EA applicants. Since their EA decision date is 1/15 I would assume the ones asked for 7th semester grades will be pushed to RD which is a bummer for them.

Anything goes this year really. Just be thankful you have an admit to a good school at this point.

1 Like

I got a B in Calc and I got a 3 on the AB test but I am taking BC this year and I plan to take the BC exam. Hopefully, I can get a higher score this year. You do make a really good point about my Senior Year grades and I did do pretty decent in my classes. I will send them in. Thank you so much! I will try to send my grades in for Purdue since my top choice for Engineering is Purdue, I really hope they take it at this point since I feel the decision date is almost here! :sob:

Thank you so much for your answer! Purdue did not ask me anything surprisingly enough and I did not get any emails from them. I really hope my app isn’t pushed to RD though as I cannot bear the wait lol. :sob:

Schools may ask you for additional info through the portal and not an email, so make sure to check your portals often.

Have your HS GC send your 7th semester grades to all of your schools.

I know the waiting is difficult, but the good news is that you have a great option in PSU.

Good luck.

2 Likes

If you have been admitted to Pitt engineering, that may be the safest choice, since you just need a 2.0 GPA to declare major.

https://www.engineering.pitt.edu/First-Year/First-Year/Advising/Choosing-a-Major/

For other schools, you may want to see this list:

2 Likes

Texas A&M has apparently greatly expanded the pathways to engineering at the frosh level. However, the secondary admission process to get into the major later has apparently become more competitive for some desired majors and less transparent (about which majors are more or less competitive) over the last few years.

1 Like

Good info. And, Purdue also does a FYE (First Year Engineering) admit where the specific major is declared after freshman year. My D19 was accepted into the FYE program, but wasn’t crazy about not being admitted to the specific major.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I have been checking my portals periodically and I don’t see any new status updates or questions for me. Do you think it’s too late for me to send my Grades to Purdue since my decision for EA is coming out on January 15th?