Please give advice on SAT Subject Tests.

<p>Congrats to peazzison on A&M and the Bio score!</p>

<p>Has he talked to his HS GC about addressing the fact that middle school grades are incorporated in the rank in the School Report, or is it stated clearly in the school profile?</p>

<p>Best of luck to him with the rest of his apps and with decisions.</p>

<p>Congratulations to perazziman’s son on A&M and great test scores! Way to go!</p>

<p>Thankyou both sbjdorlo and entomom for your support thru this process. </p>

<p>@sbjdorlo, I noticed that the A&M scholarship requires son to maintain a 3.5 gpa in Electrical Engineering. It sounds steep to me. </p>

<p>Do you think it would make a huge difference in his ability to get accepted to a good graduate school program if he were to attend a U of H, OU or UT Dallas rather than EE at A&M?</p>

<p>You know, I met some UTD McDermott Scholars graduates and they were doing <em>very</em> well. UTD seems to be well known, particularly in Texas, and honestly, if you look at the average SAT scores in math, they’re higher than UT Austin. I don’t know the other schools (maybe U of Houston? Don’t know what OU is-sorry!)</p>

<p>Thanks sbjdorlo, Sorry about the acronyms </p>

<p>UofH: Univ of Houston<br>
OU: Univ of Oklahoma. </p>

<p>Both give substantial scholarships to NMFs. Please, I do not mean for you to look for answers for me, when I ask a question. If it is something that you can remember from the top of your head, then fine. Otherwise, please do not search for answers for me. I am in a habit of asking questions. So, it is okay if you ignore my questions if it means looking for an answer. :)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>@Entomom, I have spoken to the high school registrar, who did not want to hear about it. Class rank is a hot button issue here, since under the 10% law in Texas, it is the **only ** binding indicator that guarantees automatic admission to state universities including the flagship UT Austin. The local kids do not take these courses in middle school, the transferring kids from the neighboring, poor school districts do. So, I am sure you can put it together and see who benefits and who will lose an edge if this policy was repealed. I believe the fix is well above the GC pay grade.</p>