Please rate my chances for UCLA and UC Berkeley

SAT 1: 1500 (750 R+W, 750 Math, 18 Essay)
Going to take SAT 2
unweighted GPA: 3.3 (88%)
UC GPA: 3.85
APs: AP comp sci (3)
AP capstone seminar (3)
AP physics (5)
AP calculus BC (5)
AP psychology (5)
AP capstone research
AP Chinese language and culture (5)
Extra curricular:

• Junior (gr. 9 and 10) volleyball captain
  • Senior (gr. 11 and 12) volleyball
  • Swimming team
  • Basketball team
  • Athletic council
    Job experience:
  • life guard (2 years)
  • Starbucks (2 years)
  • Internship at University of Pittsburgh

UC’s tend to be very GPA focused so anything below a 4.0 UC capped weighted GPA will be tough for the majority of the UC’s. An SAT of 1500 does show you are a competitive and capable student but I still think your GPA will be tough to overcome. What is your intended major and are an OOS applicant?

Some UC Statistical data and application review information below:

2018 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19 capped weighted and not major specific:
UCB: 10%
UCLA: 9%
UCSD: 34%
UCSB: 38%
UCD: 41%
UCI: 38%
UCSC: 70%
UCR: 84%
UCM: 95%

2018 UC capped weighted GPA averages:
UCB: 4.23
UCLA: 4.23
UCSD: 4.16
UCSB: 4.13
UCI: 4.13
UCD: 4.11
UCSC: 3.96
UCR: 3.81
UCM: 3.71

2018 Data:
25th - 75th percentiles for SAT:

UCB: 1360-1540

UCLA: 1340-1540
UCSD: 1300-1520
UCSB: 1270-1500
UCD: 1220-1480
UCI: 1230-1490
UCSC: 1210-1450
UCR: 1130-1380
UCM: 1020-1280

• BERKELEY

• Very important: Academic GPA, Application essay, Rigor of secondary school record, Standardized test scores
  • Important: Extracurricular activities, Volunteer work, Work experience
  • Considered: Character/personal qualities, First generation college student, State residency, AP/IBLH exam scores
  • Note: Thorough review of academic performance; likely contribution to intellectual and cultural vitality of the campus; diversity in personal background and experience; demonstrated qualities in leadership, motivation, concern for others and community; non-academic achievement in the performing arts, athletics or employment; demonstrated interest in major.
  • LOR's by invitation only as of 2017
    • LOS ANGELES
  •   Very important: Academic GPA, Application essay, Rigor of secondary school record, Standardized test scores

•   Important: Character/personal qualities, Extracurricular activities, Talent/ability, Volunteer work, Work experience

•   Considered: First generation college student, Geographical residence, AP/IBHL exam scores

•   Note: GPA, test scores, course work, number of and performance in honors and AP courses most important. Essay considered. Strong senior program important. Extracurricular activities, honors and awards also reviewed.

Thank you. My prospective major is computer science and psychology. I am currently starting my senior year in a Canadian private school, the GPA I provided is what I got in my junior year. I was wondering if UC schools look more at junior year GPA or senior school GPA.

UC’s only consider 10-11th grades only the a-g courses requirements (core courses). Since you are an International applicant?? Your GPA will probably be calculated differently. The UC’s calculator is linked here: https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/. Not sure if this will be applicable. You will only get extra weighted (honors points) for AP/IB courses taken 10-11th grades.
The application is due November 30th and Senior grades are not available and not considered unless you are asked for a supplemental review (by invitation only) where you can submit your 1st semester Senior grades if available. For CS, you are looking around at a minimum around a 4.3 UC capped weighted GPA with an SAT of 1500+ to be competitive for UCLA and UCB EECS. For UCB CS in the College of Letters and Sciences, your GPA will still be an issue. If you have extenuating circumstances leading your GPA, this can be addressed in one of your personal insight essays. If you want to attend a UC at $65K/year as an OOS/International applicant, you would need to target UC Merced, Riverside, Santa Cruz, Davis, Irvine and Santa Barbara and even UCD/UCI and UCSB will still be tough admits.

Some more statistical data for International admits for UCLA and UCB below and major specific:
UCLA:
25th-75th percentile Fully Weighted GPA: 4.00-4.42
25th-75th percentile Unweighted GPA: 3.89-4.00
25th-75th SAT: 1470-1540

UCB:
Average Unweighted GPA: 3.92
Average Weighted GPA: 4.45
Average SAT: 1480