UC Acceptance

Do you think I will get into any of these schools: UCLA, UCSD, UCI, UCSB, or UC Davis with a Computer Science major instate? I’m currently in 11th and thinking about what schools to go to.

I have a SAT:1440
GPA UW: 3.68(9-11) Got a C’s both semester in AP Bio in Sophomore year
GPA W: 4.05

What is your UC gpa? unweighted, weighted and capped, and weighted uncapped (considered for UCB and UCLA.). If you do not know how to calculate your UC gap, check out this link: https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

I don’t know if I did it right. but I got
Unweighted GPA: 3.61
Weighted GPA: 3.87
Weighted and Capped GPA: 3.87

Your capped and uncapped UC GPA are the same. The uncapped number should be higher. How many Honors, AP or dual-enrollment classes have you taken in 10th and 11th grade?

Your chance that you would get into UCLA CS with 3.87/1440 for CS is less than 5%. You should be targeting the other UCs on your list and include lower-tier UCs and CSUs for other matches and safeties. You’re in the match range for the other UCs, but trying to go in with a highly impacted major makes things quite iffy.

I took 2 AP 3 Honors and 1 Dual

Unweighted GPA: 3.61
Weighted GPA: 4.13
Weighted and Capped GPA: 3.96
I think this is correct not the one before

Ah, ok…probably still the same analysis as before. 5 years ago you would probably would have been a shoo-in for UCI, UCSB and UCD but times have changed now with so many applicants.

You might want to take the SAT one more time and see if you can approach 1500. That probably would improve your odds. Having a very rigorous schedule for 12th grade would help also.

2017 data and major specific so expect admit rates to be lower for CS. Target UCR/UCSC for Match schools. UCM as a safety and then the rest of the UC’s from High Match/Low Reach to High Reach. Apply widely and add some Cal states such as SDSU/CSULB/CSU Fullerton and Cal Poly Pomona to your list.

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19:

UCB: 12.6%
UCLA: 11.7%
UCSD: 38.7%
UCSB: 53.6%
UCD: 56.5%
UCI: 52.1%
UCSC: 75.7%
UCR: 90.1
UCM: 96.1%

your GPA is light for the top UCs - that doesn’t mean you are out of the running but, your odds are less than 50/50 so, be sure to apply broadly… As usual, @gumbymom offers a great list of target schools - to investigate
Good luck