Possibility of changing from College of Science to Engineering

<p>Hi! </p>

<p>I am a novice and I hope that there are seniors or experienced people out there can shed some light for me. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>I got accepted into College of Science with a program of Chemistry-BS for Spring 2013.</p>

<p>Initially, I intended to study Chemical Engineering but unfortunately First Year Engineering is not offered for the whole academic year of 2013. I want to study in Purdue badly hence the counsellor offered me an alternative which is Chemistry and I believed that it is the closest bet to Chemical Engineering according to the following study plan.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.chem.purdue.edu/academic_programs/ChemPlans/CHM%20CHE.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.chem.purdue.edu/academic_programs/ChemPlans/CHM%20CHE.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Now here is the question, the counsellor said that:
1. She cannot guarantee about transferring into School of Engineering
2. She is not sure about when the First Year Engineering will be offered again.</p>

<p>As far as I am concerned, to get into School of Engineering, I have to go through First Year Engineering right?</p>

<p>I really wish that someone out there is able to clear my troubled mind now. </p>

<p>Feel free to question me if you need more information to advice me.</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>Basically, you’ll need a strong GPA your semester at Purdue to be considered for FYE. You cannot get into the School of Chemical Engineering without going through FYE. However, that does not mean you’ll be horribly behind. You can possibly take some ChE courses if you have openings while fulfilling all FYE requirements. I know that I have friends in ME and IE that did this last year. It really depends on your work ethic and determination to do well.</p>

<p>So, as long as I do well during my time in College of Science (Chemistry), I will be considered when I request a change into FYE?</p>

<p>By the way, mind if I know when will FYE be offered again? </p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Honestly, there’s no guaranteed switch. It depends on the number of people in the program and the number of applicants to switch in. Nobody will know for sure when CODOing into FYE will be available again until it does because of it being a numbers game basically.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>Thanks a lot for your response. Since you are currently in Purdue already, do update me if you get to ask the authorities and happen to know when it will be offered again.</p>

<p>Would be glad to have more responses from other people too regarding this matter :)</p>