Possible to appeal direct admission to business school?

Applied as a business major, but was placed in the pre-business program in letters & science. Is it possible to appeal? The acceptance letter states that I can reapply to the business school after my first semester, but if I can appeal I definitely will.

no, there is no appeal process for admission to the WSB. You will be eligible to apply Spring 19 for admission to the WSB for fall 19

UW has only started expanding its direct admit numbers in the past few years. Many students still go through the regular application as freshman/sophomores, and not as direct admits. At SOAR, you will have class selection advising as a pre-business person so that you are on track to apply in the spring of freshman year.

curveboi – know that the application process for admission 2nd semester begins around April. Decisions come in June or July, so after 2nd semester grades are assessed. GPA is very important --3.75 and higher–but not as critical as the 2 essays you must write. One is the standard why do you want to be here, the other much more general. Last year it was on the diversity issue. Admittance is not a slam dunk.

thanks to you and everyone else for being so helpful. hopefully pledging and adjusting don’t ruin my grades.

Join the business school fraternity to show interest.

Please be aware that most UW students do not join the Greek social system, academic fraternities are different however. Rethink your priorities- getting good grades or your social life. All freshmen make the college adjustment. Be aware of too much socializing and not enough attention to academics.