Prenursing less selective options

Hi! I am a high school junior looking at ideal colleges with a pre-nursing/direct program.

my biggest problem about direct admit programs is that the well known ones are very selective to get into. my problem with pre-nursing is the competitive nature and the requirements needing for the higher division section of the program (GPA, TEAs)

I came here to ask does anyone know of a good pre-nursing program that does not have that high of requirements especially GPA. i would really like a reputable public school that has a nice campus/sports life.

I like Georgia state but to have a 3.0 after the first semester and 3.3 after the last pre-req semester seems scary b/c i hear about some prenursing horror stories about how classes are harder than expected or the teachers don’t teach well (not @ Georgia state, at any Uni.)

Check out this thread. If you know you want to be a nurse, I would suggest sticking with Direct Admit programs. There are lots out there w varying requirements. You’ll just need to research the programs and look at the Direct Admit list to compare which fit your likes / dislikes.

Every pre-nursing program is going to be super competitive so that is going to be hard to find. Most will require between a 3.5-4.0 to be competitive once applying. I just would not recommend going that route if you really know you want to be a nurse. It’s hard because you may have sacrifice one thing or another to find a school the is Direct Admit but also meets all your requirements. My daughter has found it to be frustrating at times for sure. Just remember that regardless of the school, RNs will be paid the same amount once you graduate from college. So once you pass the NCLEX, it really won’t matter the reputation of the school. So don’t let that trip you up too much in your selection process.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/nursing-major/2157466-less-competitive-oos-direct-entry-nursing-options.html#latest

If you want a BSN, “typical college experience” RN degree, its going to be competitive, period. Yes classes are very hard. College professors do teach.

I suggest sticking with a direct entry program or perhaps looking at a community college/tech school and getting the associates degree then working towards your BSN online when done.

I know at some community colleges theres a 2 or more year wait to get into clinicals even AFTER completing all the prereqs as again, its competitive.