Princeton Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

No not just likely people. They announce to all applicants by e-mail that the decisions will come out on dec 16, 7pm est.

What “lbo1965” said is a different kind of e-mail/request sent to school counselor asking for the quarter grades which could be for applicants who are in serious running. This is quite possible because I read an article I posted above -that the admission officers try to get quarterly grades for candidates whose profiles they present in the selection committee. Committee may ultimately choose them to accept, defer , or reject ( may be in less number cases), waitlist etc.

Here is the link: “First Quarter Grades: Do They Matter for Early Decision and Early Action?

I first guessed right and then Princeton emailed me the following day with the confirmed date

Is it a bad sign that my guidance counselor didn’t get a request for grades? Wonder if anyone gets in without this request.

I know, we all get anxious. But I honestly think it all depends on how meticulous the admission officer is. If he/she thinks having the quarterly grades help or they are kind of people who would like to have all facts before presenting the case may ask for it. I think that is the reason, they say send the grades when available so it saves their time. There are all kind of situations.

In case of “carpediem1234” , my guess is, he most likely got in ("advanced congratulations to carpediem1234 !!). Some of his posts indicate he has a strong profile and some good awards/scholarships.

1 Like

Thank you very much, but there are too many excellent applicants this year. I will just have to wait and see for the result. As for the Q1 request, I’ve seen many applicants who have been accepted or deferred. I have also seen many applicants receive admission without the request. I do agree with you that perhaps many circumstances are involved.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. & good to hear people have gotten in without the request. Definitely nerve wracking but I guess we’ll all know tomorrow night!!

Results?

My DD got in!!!

6 Likes

Wow Congratulations! My D is a sophomore at Princeton and loves it.

1 Like

congratulations @ iamomd
Anybody else? @carpediem1234 - you?

my DD got in as well…

4 Likes

Wow. Congratulations!! Stats?

@TeslaWhite I was admitted! To future applicants, I received a Q1 request.

6 Likes

Wow, Congratulations!!

UW GPA 4, Weighted GPA 4.7, SAT 1570, Strong letters of recommendation, AMC, AIME, math recognitions for placing in AMC in region (although did not qualify for Math Olympiad level), varsity sport, all state in an instrument etc. In my mind the key reason may have been her passionate research and actions on a topic that she pursued vigorously with state legislatures and local academics and businesses. Princeton happens to have some of the best faculty and researchers on this topic that she is eager to work with. Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Congrats to all accepted!

1590 SAT, ranked 1st in my class out of 400 (north TX), invited to Capitol Hill twice, AIME qual, published research, all the fixings. Deferred.

Congratulations to all, and good luck to those deferred! My son was admitted, and for future applicants, did not get a Q1 grades request and also opted out of the interview.

2 Likes

Congrats to those who were admitted! My son is applying Regular Decision and will not hear until April.

For those that got in, any chance you can share what your SAT/ACT was if you submitted the scores?

Thanks.

Wow. Good to know. Great profile.

Wow. Great profile. I think you get accepted in rd

1 Like