Prospective Class of 2018

<p>MJ60-Cheergirl also submitted her 'Bama online app Saturday afternoon, first one woohoo! We also wondered about confirmation. I woke up this morning and discovered that she received it and forwarded the confirmation email to me at 2am! Hmmm…what was she still doing up at 2am? Summer AP Lit reading and annotating? LOL! Highly unlikely! Anyhow, email packed with info and instructions, too much for me to process before caffeine!</p>

<p>Enrollment Deposit Paid! Officially a Bama Momma! Roll Tide Roll!</p>

<p>Congrats, NCMom!! DS hasn’t looked at his mybama to know he’s been accepted yet! I think I’ll point him that direction today!! :)</p>

<p>Unofficial Presidential Scholarship Letter received today! Roll Tide Roll!</p>

<p>^^^Like! :)</p>

<p>D just received her Presidential scholarship letter - what a wonderful letter! She is just so happy and un-stressed about ongoing college admissions since she knows this is in her pocket.</p>

<p>Thanks malanai! We like it too!! :). She is completing the Honors App today. Senior year starts Monday. How wonderful to walk into school for the first day knowing exactly where she will be in 12 months and having everything completed! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>The mail just arrived with the Presidential Scholarship letter for DS. We’re all excited and very grateful. Big Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Where’s that dang mailman?!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Sequestered. ;)</p>

<p>@jdaniels90</p>

<p>Others will chime in. There are other scholarships available that may supplement the Presidential. The College of Engineering gives $2500 a year for those majoring in Engineering with stats similar to the Presidential. Just go to UA.com and search Engineering Scholarship.</p>

<p>Congratulations to all those students who have received and will be receiving their scholarships. I’d say the mailman’s bag is heavy and he just needed a rest. :slight_smile:
Roll Tide!</p>

<p>The eagle has landed! Yes the mailman finally made his rounds and drop off the Presidential letter. :)</p>

<p>We also got a letter from engineering but it didn’t mention anything about the $2500 per year. Maybe that will come later.</p>

<p>^^^Time for another like! :)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Anxiously awaiting my own letter ! Did you have to finish the scholarship application to receive one ? Also, when do you guys think the engineering scholarship letters will go out ? My friend’s mom doesn’t believe him when he tells her how much it covers.</p>

<p>Apparently you didn’t need to complete the Scholarship application to get the letter. DD finished the scholarship application yesterday (8/23) at about 3pm. The letter arrived today and was date 8/21.</p>

<p>Still waiting on my high school to send in that darned transcript. It’ll likely be another 2 weeks.</p>

<p>Daughter’s Presidential letter arrived today!!! Happy dance! Oh, and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Presidential scholarship letter arrived today! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>As a mom of Class of 2017, I can’t emphasis enough the positive experience of having a student “wet their feet” with one of the early programs of Camp 1831, or if Honors OA or AA.</p>

<p>Just what our OOS student who had a HS grad class of 22 needed to get comfortable with a large U.</p>

<p>Camp 1831 is a great program because it had 2 sessions this year. Important because it allowed girls going through recruitment & MDB members a chance to attend.</p>

<p>Housing - as others stated, don’t delay on paying enrollment & housing deposits. Bama was at the bottom of DS’ list in Sept (when he was leaning toward a different major and wanted a small LAC), but I paid the deposits anyway so he had the option for great housing. Fast forward to this month, he was so happy I did. Great suite, wonderful view and hearing some of his new friends “complain” of their dorm assignment made me the hero. Small money to put out in the grand scheme.</p>

<p>Congrats to all Accepted students :)</p>