PSA - Program for System Admissions

I don’t know about a list per se, but here are some close by:

Park west
Calloway house
Callaway villas
Aspire
The rise
The stacks

There are quite a few at traditional north gate area as well. All of these are on the edges of campus. Then there hundreds off campus but same vibe.

If you’re comparing prices, make sure you get the all up all in number (parking, bills etc) and compare amenities. Callaway house is the oldest. Not many amenities.

1 Like

Thank you! This is so helpful

Thank you!! Y’all are awesome!!

I’ve had 2 sons do the PSA at 2 different system schools and they were very successful. They liked the fact that after waiting months for someone else to decide if they would go to A&M, they were now in charge of their future. They knew that if they took the right classes and kept their gpa up, they were GUARANTEED to be Aggies after 1 year. Each made a lot of friends that were also PSA students at their respective schools and the groups kept each other motivated to get to College Station. They also already had a friend group that they added to once they arrived at A&M. One son graduated already and the other is finishing his jr year. Both are maroon blooded Aggies to the core and are glad they went through a process that had them in charge of their future instead of waiting for someone to decide if they could transfer in.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. That’s great it worked out so well for your boys.

Will you tell peeps where they went for their PSA school and their major? Also, when did they get formal acceptance after completing the year… was it May/June etc.

My Sport Management major went to TAMU-Corpus Christi and my Wildlife and Fisheries major went to Tarleton. Each system school fit each sons’ personality.

The acceptance at A&M is done by each college of study so the timing depends on the major. My SPMT major was official around June 9 and my WFSC major (AG) was official on June 19. The NSCs looked like they were filling up but the university added more. Also, the advisors will pre-enroll the students for some classes and more will open minutes before each group registers for classes so don’t worry about which NSC your student is able to sign up for.

2 Likes

This thread hasn’t been updated since Mar 2021, but since over the next few weeks a lot of us here will get offered PSA I wanted to re-start this thread by asking a critical question: If a kid gets offered PSA, why would be instead move to College Station and do Blinn Community College instead? As I talk to other parents at my kids’ school, many of them who have been waitlisted are saying they will do straight Blinn if they get offered PSA.

I truly don’t understand why you would do Blinn over PSA, since with PSA

Comparing the two- you can transfer into A&M College Station…

PSA:
• One year
Complete all courses shown in bold italics, in the Required Coursework section
• Complete at least 24 hours (fall/spring semesters) in residence at a single Texas A&M system institution
• Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA at the system institution
• Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA overall

Blinn Community College -
– How long do you have to be a student at Blinn before you can transfer?
– Seems a lot more confusing on how you get from there into A&M. No guarantees. What if you make decent grades (above a 3.0 cumulative GPA) and do the right classes, but yet you STILL don’t get into TAMU?

Can someone explain the top reasons why Blin CC is preferable to PSA in another city for one year?

(Note: I am not talking about TEAM, I am talking about being a straight-up Community College kid for two years>)

2 Likes

Hey there. All great questions! You nailed PsA so I’ll talk on the straight blinn route.

Blinn cc allows the student to live in Aggieland and while not a Tamu student, can still live a fun aggie life style.

You only need 24 graded credits to apply for transfer. That can come from dual credit only plus blinn (summer and fall). They want to see you take a full load for a semester so doing 12-15 hours at blinn in the fall plus say you have 12 DC then in January you can apply for summer or fall admissions. Yes there is no guarantee. But if you do well 3.3 or higher for most majors, with taking the right courses for your intended major, you have a high probability of getting accepted.

@misterhemmings
*limited majors offered via PSA
*except for Corpus Christi, the other PSA locations aren’t terribly desirable
*some kids ONLY want to be in College Station, even if that means just being a Blinn College student
*many view PSA as a rejection
*some will decide to pursue PTA over PSA
https://admissions.tamu.edu/apply/transfer/transfer-programs

Quick question as I read these replies and think about them. When you say ‘PTA’ does that mean essentially going from highschool to community college and then attempting to transfer to A&M?

@misterhemmings I’ll let @ChristiR93 explain PTA more. I know of it, but not all the deets.
But this link should explain it-
https://admissions.tamu.edu/apply/transfer/transfer-programs

Pta is 30 hours at a community college with required gpa of 3.2 I believe. Not all majors participate. You sign a contract AFTER high school graduation. All 30 hours are after high school. But it is a guaranteed pathway.

1 Like

The ones I know in this situation have friends going to A&M that they’ll room with off campus. I’m not sure if you can go Greek, like you can from Austin CC, but students want to be “part of the action” and aren’t overly concerned about academics or specific majors.it’s also less costly than going OOS unless the student has in state waiver.

@tristatecoog you can NOT join any fraternity or sorority, if not an A&M student. You can join bible studies and attend Impact Camp, but that’s about it.
I’ve never understood how ACC can pledge fraternities at UT?!

1 Like

Editing to fix my misinformation.

Correct blinn team definitely for fraternities.

@ChristiR93 are they current/active fraternities, or those off kicked off campus/not sanctioned? There are quite a few of those.
Definitely Panhellenic sororities don’t allow Blinn students, at least one chapter I know doesn’t allow Blinn TEAM students.

Yeah I’m not up to date on sororities.

1 Like

Oh wow!! Had no idea, have to say quite shocked.
I am very active with sorority life-alum and have a current active-sororities do no allow straight Blinn students, most allow Blinn TEAM.

I know. I don’t agree with it but no one asked me. Lol

1 Like

@ChristiR93 I’m with you…why don’t they ask us?? :joy:
Scratching my head how that’s even possible? To allow non university students to be members?? Makes NO sense.