Purdue Class of 2021 EA Acceptance?

@oliver17 - Well said. Keep encouraging him. A few rejections isn’t the end of the road. There is more to life than just GPA and scores. Good luck to him.

Were any decisions released yesterday?

I got into Purdue CS a couple of days back. I applied to Purdue as an international student October and I received my decision after approximately 5 weeks. It took Purdue around 5 weeks to send me a decision because one of the components in my application was missing. I uploaded it a couple of weeks I applied.

I haven’t committed to Purdue yet as it is not my first choice.

I do not know the acceptance rate for CS, but it’s not very easy to get into CS at Purdue. I’ve spoken to a lot of students who got into Purdue CS this year, and most of them have really high GPA, good essays and some really good extracurricular activities.

Getting into the college of engineering is not very easy either. Purdue, in my opinion, is a very underrated university. It’s a very selective university for competitive majors like CS, Mechanical Engineering, and General Engineering.

Good luck to everyone who applied to Purdue this year!

GPA ACT/SAT?

I also got into CS as an international student. I submitted app on 10.15 and got the decision on 11.23. I am still waiting for my ED decision from Johns Hopkins. Good luck to you!

@QuestionsMate … I did not submit my SAT/ ACT score as they are not required for international students.

@odile1999 … Thabk you!

That’s great! Hope you get in :smiley:

Are you on the accepted students group?

Apparently, Purdue mailed me that my decision has been deferred and they need my class 10th marksheet. I guess this would be the deciding factor now. ._.

How do you know if you got deferred or rejected, does it show up on the portal?

@Lzappy they will email you and you can check the status online on the portal. My friend got an email from Purdue saying he is deferred because he is missing his “7th Semester Transcript”. He is apply for Computer Science.

@other2017 Could you kindly provide some details such as your GPA and TOEFL score? I am an intl and I am apply to Purdue as well.

@aerospaceguy Hey! I am a straight A student and my TOEFL score is 113. That said, a couple of my friends who got into FYE at Purdue have a 3.6. Admissions is holistic at Purdue.

Good luck!

@QuestionsMate I am a straight A student and my TOEFL score is 113. Purdue does not require international students to submit SAT scores.

Still waiting for notification for D:
Submitted Date: 10/30/2016
Application checklist completed Date: 11/3/2016
Intended Major: Chemical Engineering
GPA (uw, w): 3.88 unweighted /4.46 weighted
SAT/ACT Scores: 29 Comp, 35 Math, 29 Eng
State (IN, oos, int’l): Out of State - CA

Hey guys i was wondering if you could tell me if I am competitive for Purdue engineering EA. I have already applied with a 31 ACT and a 3.0 or so GPA(but the low GPA is because my GPA was messed up when I transferred to the US). I also hold leadership in my school’s MUN club and am in the Social Studies honor society. I also volunteer with the American Red Cross and play the piano and am part of the concert choir. i also am certified to code in quite a few languages. Out Of State. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I received my offer several days ago. It took 2 weeks to hear back from Purdue. I’m a current international student study at U.S.
Good Luck Everyone!

I think as long as international students’ TOEFL score get higher than 100, you’re in. I got 110 lol. Where are you from?

I’m curious to learn why some applicants wait so much longer than others for an admissions decision. My daughter submitted on October 21. Also, did anyone get asked to send in 1st quarter grades? Finally, is it true that decisions are only released on Fridays (except for Thanksgiving week)?

@profdad2021 – I have no clue since we are rookies. Our daughter has been accepted into engineering at Clemson, Purdue, Pitt and Alabama and yet-- we are still waiting on engineering admissions to our two state flagships!!

Others have already found out and so… We wait also. It’s crazy how it all works!

@profdad2021 Yes, other than Thanksgiving they seem to release decisions on Fridays, between 2-3 p.m. Pacific time.