Purdue EA

Should I EA to Purdue? Im an international indian citizen studying in Singapore.

My O-level scores are
A1-English
A1-Additional Math
A2-Elementary Math
B3-Chem
A2-Physics
B3-Social Sciences

(used external calculator, GPA–3.77)

My ECs and Recommendations are fine.

My SAT score is a 2010 (composite) with
560CR, 770 Math, 680WR
Im retaking it ti improve my CR score. The EA deadline is November 1, which is not really far away.
I just need advice on whether I should apply via early action, and whether it would improve my chances of admission.

Inputs are greatly appreciated! Thank You :slight_smile:

What reason would you not apply EA???

As an aside, will your family pay the full OOS cost to Purdue? About $50k per year

Money is not an issue here :slight_smile:

Why would you not apply EA? What’s the harm???

Well, I sure will, but I just wanted to know the benefits. I know there is no harm in trying, just kinda askin about whether early action has any special benefits. I know i wont get any merit aid cuz Im international, but other than that, Ive been hearing that it would increase my chances. Anyways, can ou chance me, if possible? It would be much appreciated thanks.

The benefits is that you know very early in the admission cycle that you are going to college. I think Purdue is rolling admission and not EA. My kid was accepted in Oct of her year, IIRC.

You probably have a decent chance. Your CR is lowish, but you’re an int’l, so that will probably be overlooked.

Publics want int’l money, so you have a good chance.

Thanks!

@mom2collegekids Oh I got my new SAT scores back, Ive improved my SAT to a 620, my superscore is now a 2080

Now am I more “attractive” per say?

The deadline to be considered for merit based scholarships is november 1st apparently. Do i have to submit just the application or do i also have to send everything including score reports, transcripts by that date?