Purdue University EA 2022

Hello, I applied to Purdue University Early Action for the class of 2022. I have heard of people finding out their decision before January 15th. Does anyone know if this is true? Thank you!

I belueve Purdue has rolling admissions, meaning they’ll send out the results as they make them. I believe they’re updates Fridays if I’m not wrong.

Thank you Student4976!

Up until this year Purdue was rolling admission and admission decisions came out as they made them. This is the first year they changed to early action/regular decision. The EA decisions will come out in mid January.

Three years ago they had an EA date, and rolling after. Not sure what’s going on this year.

No rolling admissions. It’s EA and RD this year. This does not mean that the results couldn’t trickle out before the EA notification deadline as some other schools do. It only means that applicants who submit as EA before the deadline are evaluated as 1 pool instead of processing cases as they come in (rolling).

@WilliamNYC do you think it’s more competitive now since they evaluate as 1 pool instead of rolling?

Could be more competitive yes. Possibly Purdue has changed their admission policy because in recent years they noticed an increase in number of applications and higher quality profiles. It’s impossible to know for sure though… Time will tell.

I wonder when decisions will begin to roll…

Apparently all EA decisions will be sent in one shot around mid Jan @axton900, no trickle release.

Hello, new to this site . Would so much appreciate chances for Purdue engineering RD. 3.98 W, ACT 35. Three varsity sports, robotics for four years, lots of community service. Strong Common App essay. My weakness I think is that although I’m involved in lots of activities, I am more of a low-key under the radar kind of guy as opposed to class president, team captain, etc. Any opinions greatly appreciated!

@Calima you are good and should be safe

Thanks, I hope so!

Good profile/stats @Calima and don’t worry about not being class president. Every entering college class wants only so many class presidents! Lol. You should get in.

Guys chance me for Purdue.
International
Applying for FYE (first choice - Computer Engineering, 2nd - Electrical)
10th - 96%
SAT - 1480
SAT Subject - Maths - 800, Physics - 780, Chemistry - 800.
AP - Calculus BC - 5, Physics Mechanics - 4.
EC’s not many but internships in Robotics and app development.

Happy New Year to you all! Any guesses when EA notifications will go out? Friday, January 12?

per their website, January 15th, 5pm

Just noticed on the portal that the PUID has been removed from the scholarship link. You guys have the same? All other information like name, intented major, etc. is still there. But the PUID entry disappeared!

@skenbre January 15th is the MLK holiday and university offices are closed. So perhaps that means that decisions will be released on Friday, January 12th?

Chance me:
Applying for Computer Science
SAT: 1460
Math II: 780
AP Tests: Calc AB(4) Com Sci A(5)
All AP, Honors, G/T classes
EC: VP of Com sci club, Math team(only for a bit), 10 extra hours of community service hours to help the school(probably won’t affect anything, but whatever)