EA

Hey!
I’m an international student looking to apply to Purdue for the class of 2020. The application deadline for early action is November 1st but you could apply starting from August 1st. I do know that Purdue university is a rolling admissions university and accepts/rejects as applications come through. I was looking to apply during late September to early October and wonder how much much chances decrease by applying later rather than in the first two weeks.
[ I intend to study at the school of Science or Agriculture ]

Purdue still suggests applying early, but I believe they got rid of their rolling decisions. Their early action and regular decision application and notification deadlines are on their web page.

Yes, Purdue did away with rolling admission a few cycles ago.

Absolutely apply by the EA deadline though because they don’t necessarily wait until RD to fill the class.

Hi,
So if I applied by November 1st I will not be disadvantaged? I e-mailed Purdue International admissions office and they said rolling only starts after the Jan 15 regular decision deadlines. Could you please clarify this?

Thank you for the previous response!

Correct, if you apply anytime before Nov. 1, you will be considered EA and not at any disadvantage. No difference from applying 9/1 or 10/1. Just don’t want until the very last day incase there are tech issues. EA applicants get their decision generally the third week in January.

The RD pool decisions don’t have a set date for decisions and they do roll them out, but RD is uber competitive because most of the class is filled by then.

Yes, as long as you’re in by Nov. 1, you’re on equal footing.

Sad that they got rid of rolling admissions - it was very nice for my D to have been accepted at her top choice by mid-October :smile:

“Just don’t want until the very last day incase there are tech issues. EA applicants get their decision generally the third week in January.”

This is VERY important and I suspect it will be even more important for an international applicant. They require that the entire application is complete, meaning all transcripts etc. are received by November 1. I would get everything in at least a month earlier. If things get hung up or additional information is required you have time to send it. It won’t get you a decision any earlier but it will ensure something doesn’t occur that would hinder your application and your status as an EA applicant.