Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Agreed. For Purdue, the median CS salary was $85k and to my shock I found its much less than the other STEM powerhouse from IN - Rose Hulman’s median CS salary on graduation was $111k. I am sure sample sizes and response rates create some noise but its still a noticeable difference.

So the general consensus is so far:
Change major = Accepted
If you don’t have it = Rejected/Deffered

Am I right?

1 Like

The correct question to ask is whether for your student, is it easier to be in the top 25% at Purdue vs top 25% at Rose Hulman. And what are the placement odds for the 75th percentile kid at each of these schools.

Anyone seeing any change in the portal?

Don’t see the importance of starting salary. if you prove your value to the employer, it is easy to bridge the difference in the second or third year.

1 Like

Nobody really knows, plus people who applied undecided obviously won’t have a change major option either way.

1 Like

Does every college/major at Purdue allow change of major? Looks like life sciences says you can but what about CS? But I guess some CS folks also have change of major. Don’t see the button for my DS so it’s a downer.

1 Like

i don’t see the change major button should i be worried

1 Like

I’m pretty sure those schools (CMU Berkely MIT etc.) have vastly higher average mid career salaries though

Nah we’re all just blind leading blind

1 Like

i’ve never seen a school release on a saturday night… definitely a little odd

Or
Change major: major and/or alternate major picked
No change major: undecided

Salary depends on locale and job anyways. I know folks from Purdue making a lot more than those from Berkeley. It really depends on where you end up and what you do with your career.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you’re right actually.
Just to test this theory out: I applied with major and have Change Major on my portal, anyone else care to share?

Same. The anxiety…

this is what my portal looks like
I applied aerospace engineering.

Deleted my post

Portal is same here. CS

2 Likes

Do you have an overqualified GPA , or is purdue a reach for you?

Capture
This is mine for CS