Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Where was presidential notification? Was it
Included in admission letter?

Any scholarship?

Yes~ the Presidential Scholarship (and the Honors College) was/were included in the admission letter.

1 Like

Son got honors. But didnā€™t see merit.

OOS, 36/1570, 4.7 weighted. Multiple APs. Just curious. Thanks

1 Like

How selective is Krannert School of Management? I didnā€™t get in for CS but I got in Business Analytics and Information Management as my second major. Thanks

Did he apply to the honors college? Demonstrated interest, maybe?

He was accepted into the honors college. FYE

1 Like

Edit: Sorry - I see you son got into the Honors Program. So strange that he didnā€™t get merit with such strong stats! SMH

The majority of the honors women went to the Windsor Dorms. My Dā€™s building was entirely honors. Not sure about the guys but I think they stuck together as well.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s thoughts/impressions/knowledge about Polytechnic? Son did not get first choice FYE and now weighing options. TIA.

No scholarship, just honors :slight_smile: Similar stats to your son.

Depends on what he wants to do for his career path. Iā€™d encourage anyone who didnā€™t get their first choice to do a deep dive on the 4 year plan of study for their second choice, look at the career outcomes, and what type of companies/positions new grads are going into.

Iā€™m hearing of lots of good job offers on my Purdue parent FB group for polytechnic grads but they arenā€™t the same types of jobs that graduating engineers are offered.

Speaking of FB, Iā€™d encourage all parents of accepted students to join the FB group. There should be one for parents and a different one for students. Admissions will run it until May and there will be great information posted there from everything from housing, to webinars with the deans, to information about course registration. After May, parent volunteers will take over the group.

3 Likes

For posterity sake, DS rejected with 1330 SAT and 3.8 WGPA (OOS). Eagle Scout, four year athlete. FYE first choice and Game Design Polytechnic was second choice. They suggested that there are many other ways to still be a Boilermaker by joining us in one of our other campuses, presumably PFW, IUPUI and Purdue Northwest.

Thatā€™s tough. I initially thought there was a high probability of admit for students who had 3.9+ GPA as well as 1500+ SAT. I know not everyone who exceeds these thresholds will get in but itā€™s clear the #s are not the be all and end all looking at the quality of applicants being deferred or rejected.

Thanks for your info!

can you pls share the name of the FB grp for accepted students.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s up and running yet but it should be something like ā€œPurdue parent and guardians of the class of 2026.ā€

Iā€™ll post a link if I see it!

1 Like

Sameā€¦ high stats, OOS, lots of AP and college classes, tons of ECā€™s, 4.44 gpa, 1590 SAT, got into honors college FYE, no merit other than National Hispanic Recognition.

1 Like

Is there merit money for National Hispanic Recognition?

1000/yr

1 Like