Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Thanks. How did you notify them? I am both a Hispanic Recognition Scholar and Small Town Scholar.

Same here. OOS male. 4.7 weighted, 36 act/1570 sat, 13 APS, 2/500 in class, president of three clubs, worked all 4 years. Accepted FYE and honors. No merit. Will see on other decisions in March!

1 Like

I listed it under honors under Common app I think!

Sure. Thanks a lot.
I was able to find this grp - ā€œPurdue University Class of 2026 - Parentsā€, but this grp seem to be extremely quite -
no messages at all.

@DHark was the National Hispanic Recognition mentioned on the acceptance? DS is National Merit Semi Finalist. I guess the $500 per year merit that accompanies Finalist status wouldnā€™t be included as itā€™s not a guarantee you will be a Finalist AND you have to designate Purdue to be eligible. I guess itā€™d come later. Anyone with experience with this? Thanks.

Anyone know if thereā€™s a Purdue 2026 Discord?

They admin from our ā€˜22 group said itā€™s not up yet. Probably next week.

I will post when I hear something.

2 Likes

Was the National Hispanic Recognition on the admissions letter? DS also has this recognition, and it was listed on the Common App, but not mentioned on his admissions letterā€¦

Yes in letter.

Does anyone know if housing preferences are based on date of accepting your admittance? If I got into the honors college, will this be affected if I wait to hear back about merit aid from all schools? Purdue is my first choice but my parents want to see merit offered by other schools.

Do merit scholarships come out in March with the financial aid information?

No. Purdue doesnā€™t operate that way with housing. You just need to put in your deposit before 5/1. If you are in honors college, you can expect to be housed in the honors residence hall.

3 Likes

OOS son accepted FYE
4.0 uw, 4.22 w
SAT 1500
5 APs, 2 Honor

I thought honors decisions were coming out at the end of February. What was the verbiage in the acceptance letter about honors, can someone advise? Thanks!

4 Likes

You have been offered admission to the honors collegeā€¦

Thanks. Pretty obvious. Just surprised, I didnā€™t think my son would hear about honors until February, per their website. Heā€™s reached out to the program directly. Thanks again!!

ok. Sure. Thanks

My daughter is OOS, FYE accepted. Iā€™m not aware of any ā€œsupplemental scholarship appā€, yet my daughter got The Presidential Scholarship. There was an extra supplemental question for Honors Programā€¦ my D got that, too. Notification of acceptance into that program was included in the school acceptance letter

4 Likes

My daughter has National Rec for African American students. No mention of in acceptance lettee

Does anyone have experience w/the Forge the Future event for Honors? If we do that and the admitted students tour it turns the visit into a Fri-Mon tripā€¦
You can also do the custom visit option for Honors but not sure if it would be informative enough and how weā€™d schedule it around the campus wide visit so if anyone has any feedback itā€™d be helpful!

You could try an appeal if its worth it to your son. My son and a few friends brainstormed with one of their friends last year and he got in. It was in-stated so not sure what matters.

On the other hand if my son was waitlisted at several schools last year and it turned him off to the school.

just throwing it out there.