Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

That is fantastic! Congratulations !!

What about TH put him off? Conceptually it feels like the middle of nowhere but we haven’t visited and don’t know what to expect.

Exactly. You can also add Purdue, Northeastern, and Waterloo as examples of schools with great tech and Co-op programs that probably have low 4 yr. grad rates because students are out working(and not paying tuition)in their field, which pushes back their grad year.

2 Likes

why extra year? Isn’t co-op = college credit?

You still do 4 years of classes

Son
Denied for Engineering
OOS
SAT 1560, not superscored
GPA 3.7 unweighted, 4.25 weighted, 9AP classes, 2 varsity sports, NHS, commended scholar

Wow, that’s an impressive list. It must be a hard decision to make which one to go for.

It’s crazy, the stats are amazing. Really smh at this decision

2 Likes

I was shocked! He was not, so I guess that is a good thing

1 Like

Good luck with his other apps.

1 Like

Thank you!

Here is something interesting – worth pondering : SAT Score to GPA Conversion Table

1 Like

Does anyone know if we need to submit semester grades to Purdue? I take some online courses but I am not sure if I need to submit semester grades.

That table seems way off, to me. Especially since it doesn’t differentiate between a 4.0 earned with a rigorous schedule, and one without. Even in the latter case, it seems inaccurate, with an inordinate amount of weight given to the SAT.

2 Likes

What it probably means is that a 4.0 GPA ranges over a wide range of school rigor, and therefore ranging over a wide spectrum of sat test scores. Even then this is a median GPA at that test score. There is a spectrum of GPAs at each test score. And the calibration is done for UT Austin — a high quality state flagship that gets a large number of applications — so there aren’t small sample issues.

Thank you.
All the best for Mich and CMU

Almost identical stats to my son who was deferred for engineering. Good luck with the other schools - hope he gets in somewhere that he loves.

1 Like

DS was admitted FYE and the Honors College. Does anyone know if the estimated room and board ($10,030) include a meal plan? Looking at the website, it looks like meal plans vary quite a bit, so not sure how that factors into the $10,030/year. Also, are different dorms different prices at Purdue? I couldn’t find that info on the housing website. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Here are the links to the meal plans and the room rates:

https://www.housing.purdue.edu/my-housing/info/room-rates.html

Yes, there are different room prices for Purdue but I believe if your child wants to do honors college, they need to live in the honors residence hall.

1 Like

This is perfect, thanks!