Purdue - Fall 2022 - Deferred from EA

It looks like most of the decisions were for RD applicants, at least thats what it looks like from Reddit.

I wish we knew. I’d like to get on with it. Son applied to FYE.

1 Like

A source on Reddit says that Purdue has around 8k CS apps and accepted 1800 for the early round. They look to matriculate around 450. Would this mean any chance for those who got deferred? How many total cs spots does Purdue usually have each year rd and ea combined?

If those #s are true, then its not great news for deferred candidates. Their generic yield is 25% and if that holds for CS, the 1800 admits should cover an entire cohort.

What’s unknown is whether they expect much lower yields than prior years because people who will likely go to higher ranked colleges applied to Purdue as a backup, or if the CS competition is so high that those same folks are more likely to end up at Purdue this year. I’m not sure Purdue knows the answer to this - hence the limbo.

About how many people got deferred for cs in the first place? Because it looks like their class size is around 500 so would they really just defer everyone just to reject them in regular round?

I don’t know the answer to that question. The only thing I’m sure of is that Purdue admitted a smaller pool of folks coming out of EA relative to prior years and deferred way more than normal. They wouldn’t have deferred a ton of people if they didn’t admit a smaller pool.

Basically what I mean to ask is, is there any chance of being accepted or is the deferral a soft rejection?

I don’t think it’s a soft rejection but it’s hard to know if you are closer to an admit or closer to a rejection.

Has anyone heard back from there deferral?

not yet

1 Like

No, unfortunately. My OOS twin sons were both deferred.

Did anyone submit LOCI or grades?

My son submitted a LOCI. Don’t know if it helped. We are still waiting.

2 Likes

What is LOCI?

Letter of continued interest.

1 Like

We submitted mid year grades.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Anyone thinking decisions will come out today?

1 Like

I think it’ll be today 5 EST.

got email @5:22PM PST and admitted to FYE for RD (OOS)

6 Likes