Purdue Parent Chat Info to Share 12/16/2014

Thanks for the heads up! We would have not known to look there. I had my son check yesterday and to his surprise, he did receive merit aide. It’s a nice ego boost, but still does not put Purdue in the running with other offers. Oh well. Thanks again

@NorthernMom Thank you so much for posting the information about where to find scholarships. We would have never known to check the application status page for scholarships and after reading your post I looked online and discovered that my son has received the Presidential Scholarship!!! This is huge for us financially!

Still waiting on Honors invite. Are these still being released??? Does this come by email???

My son received an email with honors invite several days ago…fyi

My son got 10,000/year presidential Scholarship letter today. We are OOS (NC) and cost is 42,000/year to attend Purdue… He got accepted to UNC Chapel Hill and Georgia Tech but no award letter yet. According to FAFSA my contribution is 18500/year. Do OOS of schools cover rest of the cost? I know private schools like Princeton and Vanderbilt do. He has to select a school that will cover rest of the cost after my contribution. I think most of you are in the same boat. Please comment.

I don’t know how the rest of the financial aid part comes in to play. We won’t qualify for any so the scholarship alone was needed even to be able to actually consider Purdue. I suspect you could call the FA office to get that question answered.

You are welcome @dogmom1‌ and @funtimes123‌

No, this doesn’t necessarily mean any particular school “needs” to cover the rest of your costs. They can offer what they want…so it may be in the form of loans