Purdue University Class of 2021 Scholarships

@prep4col and others. Thanks for the input. Good luck to those going to Purdue.

@Pannaga can you click on the word awarded in the sentence? It open up a new page with tabs to see the details.

@prep4col - by clicking “continue” to get into the mypurdue portal are you accepting your offer of admission?

Found your reply very helpful question D has the Apply for Purdue Scholarships would she see this if they had her FAFSA?

She said she added Purdue as her college when she filled out her FAFSA.
We are worried when she was spending all that time applying to the AFA she missed things with Purdue. But how does one check?

@Leb17girl Check the Student Aid Report (SAR) information on her FAFSA account. If Purdue University is listed as recipient college on that report, then they received the information in good order.

@allybob no its not. You have to $400 to officially accept the offer. I know it confusing but by clicking continue you are not accepting the offer. This is only way you can see anything on your profile as far as to see the financial aid part.

@Leb17girl If you can get into My Purdue and click on the one that says View your financial Aid Status and then if possible click the word “student requirements” at the bottom of that next screen in small print, ours says FAFSA received and a date. I don’t know if everyone can get to that screen since ours lists an unfulfilled new requirement, but that is where I see the date the FAFSA was received.

Does anyone know if department scholarships have already been released? Thanks.

Correction @allybob I meant to say  no its not. You don’t have to $400 to officially accept the offer. I know it’s confusing but by clicking continue you are not accepting the offer. This is only way you can see anything on your profile as far as to see the financial aid part.

@Purdue4mykids - thanks!

Spoke to Honors College by phone yesterday…was told decisions will be sent out on Feb 28th…

@Goforitkids thanks for the update!!!

From today’s Purdue Admissions Chat: all available Purdue Merit Scholarships have already been awarded.

Thanks for the info @hpcsa . Did they say or does anyone know if unaccepted awards are re-allocated?

@Banker1 Yes, during the chat they stated that awarded scholarships which are not allocated, i.e. due to the fact that an awarded student decides not to accept admission offer, are not being re-distributed (which is the FA practice across US Colleges, as they do account for this effect when extending scholarship offers).

That’s what I anticipated. Thanks for confirming.

BTW, my D just received a response to last week’s email inquiry regarding merit. The response from James Crawley Assistant Director of Admissions was that she was not selected among the 9% of students receiving merit.

@Banker1 Sorry to hear that, I am sure your daughter would have very much deserved a merit scholarship. Are you In-State or OOS? And yes, Purdue Admissions folks confirmed the same percentage of merit awards during the chat today. Thanks for confirming.

We’re OOS (CA) and just got accepted into Cal Poly SLO biomedical engineering and will hear from some UCs next month. Her preference is ChemE which Cal Poly doesn’t offer.

Very interesting…about the scholarship thing. I always thought that they would just make a call to the next person who “did” accept to go to college. Seems a bit shady to me…where does that money go?

@Seacoast

A key phrase is “as they do account for this effect when extending scholarship offers”. The scholarship page says that they award approx. 100 Trustees and approx. 830 Presidentials. I’m sure they offer more scholarships than this amount, knowing what their yield is. The don’t have to give out exactly 100 and 830. And if they give out fewer, who says that money has to go anywhere? Perhaps they offer a few more the following year.