Purdue University Class of 2021 Scholarships

In case anyone is wondering, the Beering candidates moving on to the next level got their emails this afternoon, so you can hound your kids or look at your own email if you are a student. I know that for some other colleges, my child and I just kept waiting and waiting, and it turned out people winning/moving on had already heard weeks before, so I know I always appreciate someone saying the notifications are out so we know one way or the other instead of hanging in limbo like we seem to keep doing in this process!

My niece received her financial award package today of $17,500 a year (scholarships/grants/work study) and the rest in loans… Purdue came out cheaper than in-state Univ of Illinois Urbana-Champaign ( which gave only $4K a year of scholarships). Stats are ACT 30/31, 3.9/4.3 GPA, top 3% of class of almost 700. Purdue looks more attractive at this point. She was accepted to Purdue’s Polytechnic Institute.

Just found out my child got a Presidential OOS for $5000. Definitely not enough…Purdue is now off the list.

“President Fund Engineering” - is this the Presidential Scholarship ($2,000 - $8,000 for Indiana Residents) or a different scholarship?

I am so bummed…This is gonna crush my parents I don’t even wanna ask them for the $45,754 it’s gonna cost me to attend Purdue…How is this possible?

@WillowMom I m not sure if that’s all. My daughter received total award amount $18508(scholarships and grants) and remaining $5400 loan offer. It’s a big relief for us factory worker parents. So proud of our daughter she really worked so hard to receive theses awards. And thankful of Purdue to recognizing her hard work.

@Purdue4mykids – Congrats!! That’s living the dream for sure. Hard work can pay off!

@carachel2
Thank you so much!!! Yes her hard work surely is getting paid off.

We can’t find the financial aid tab?? D is getting frustrated"

@Leb17girl did she or you set up an portal account after she got her acceptance letter. There was a 10 digit number that instructions to set up the new admitted students account. For my daughter the login Id was her Last Name. She will to do that to able to fee this info.let me. Good luck! !!

@Leb17girl here is the link
https://admissions.purdue.edu/admitted/acceptoffer.php#accept

Yes she did, now we have not accepted yet as she is still waiting on AFA. So do we have to accept first? Sorry if this a dumb question.

@Leb17girl no I don’t think so. My daughters friend has accepted the offer yet either and she is able to her awards. I don’t what to say. Sorry I couldn’t help much. So she does not have the financial aid tab at all?

I don’t know if there is way to post a screen shot pic here. If there is o would love to share it.

We got an email asking us to look into the portal (like everyone). After the setup and everything found two lines stating as follows: 1. Your TCA is $43,864 aand 2. The Fed unsubsidized loan is $5500. Question: Does this mean NO merit scholarships shown here / awarded?. Or this notification most folks got last evening/ today is purely the financial aid.?. We are from OHIO. If nothing else, I can strike Purdue off the list.Appreciate feedback.

@Pannaga I am not 100% sure but I believe that’s how my daughter’s friend’s screen looks. My daughter did receive the president scholarship award offer by mail couple weeks ago but it didn’t show up on the portal till yesterday.

You definitely do not have to accept the admissions in order to see the financial part. (We haven’t.) You do have to either have won a merit scholarship or submitted a FAFSA or both to even have a tab. (If I understand the newest email from Purdue correctly.) Those who did not submit a FAFSA or win merit will not have a tab at all. If you do have a tab, it might say just the cost and loans. It was tricky for me to ever find this on the Purdue website, but we did finally!

@Pannaga FA information provided should, at this stage, include any merit and need-based aid components (scholarships, grants, loans, work study), I believe.

Agree that Purdues student portal looks much different than other colleges.

New Student task list - scroll down to
View your financial aid status
Select aid Year
Select underline word AWARDED
And finally select award overview tab.
You should see the list of funds which includes scholarships, grants, loans

@prep4col This is ALL I see. No word AWARDED as you specified (have cut paste the content)
Financial Aid Status for 2017-18

Name : XXXX
Feb 18, 2017 06:03 pm
Transparent Image
Information The following information for enrollment in the Fall-Spring Semesters is based on your status of:
Undergrad Student in Fall 2017
Undergrad Student in Spring 2018
Information This is a summary of your financial aid information for the specified aid year. To obtain greater detail about any of the following summary statements, select the corresponding link.
Your estimated cost of attendance is $43,864.00.
You have been awarded financial aid which totals $5,500.00.
Based on your academic transcript, the status of your academic progress is Satisfactory as of Summer 2017.
View your financial aid history.