Purdue University? Is it worth it?

<p>So I just got accepted into Purdue University (West Lafayette) and when I went back to many websites and the 4 year graduation rate is 42%. Why so Low???</p>

<p>Probably because the programs are difficult and take awhile to get through. What are you going into?</p>

<p>Computer Science</p>

<p>Also, many kids work co-op there.</p>

<p>^ Co-ops, yes.</p>

<p>The great co op opportunities are why Purdue really interested my daughter. Graduating in 4 yrs vs 5 + co-ops & experience sounded fine to her (and us, her parents).</p>

<p>Current purdue engineering freshman here. Its probably because of co-ops and the difficulty of the programs. Purdue math is some of the hardest in the country and some students can’t take it. We are also the 8th hardest school in the country to get an A. That being said, graduating from Purdue is an accomplishment and employers recognize it. We are a well respected name most anywhere in the world. If you work hard and stay focused, graduating wont be a problem at all.</p>

<p>Purdue’s (WL) 5 year graduation rate has been between 63% and 70% since 2002 and its 6 year graduation rate has been between 69% and 71% during this time.</p>

<p>I don’t know if this factors into the graduation rates, but most pharmacy students go into a 6 year program (2 years prereqs, 4 years pharm school). So they don’t graduate in four years.</p>