Purdue University VS. University of Pittsburgh

<p>Hey guys. I really need you guys' awesome feedbacks and comments. I really need to decide which college I am going to go for my next four years or more. I got accepted to University of Pittsburgh (microbiology major) and I got accepted to Purdue University (pre-pharm major). I am not really sure if I want to be a doctor or pharmacist. But I think I am tending more on doctor. But if I go to University of Pittsburgh, I am not sure Pitt will prepare me to get into medical school. I know that I have to commit myself and try my butt off but I heard Pitt does not have great biology major. So if I go to University of Pittsburgh, I am thinking to join Honors College and if I think it is not preparing me to get into med school, I am thinking to transfer to better school like Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, Washington University in St. Louis. If I go to Purdue, I am not sure if I will enjoy my life as much as being a doctor. I know it will be chilled job but I would probably not go through fast-paced jobs like doctors do. What should I do? Please help!!!!</p>

<p>"If I go to Purdue, I am not sure if I will enjoy my life as much as being a doctor. I know it will be chilled job but I would probably not go through fast-paced jobs like doctors do. What should I do? Please help!!! "</p>

<p>Hmm, define what you mean with enjoying life? Do you mean you’ll have more money? I mean this with all due respect, but money will only make you happy to a certain extent. Besides I’ve heard of plenty of doctors who are top-notch in their fields, but hate it. They simply wanted to become doctors for prestige and money. </p>

<p>I’m not saying you shouldn’t be a doctor, but the way you put it makes me feel you might not fully understand what you’re getting yourself into. Also, I think you might be selling Pharmacy a bit short. Try to see if you can shadowing a doctor.</p>

<p>My advice: I know plenty of kids at Purdue who got into med school, and obviously the pharmacy program is awesome. So I’d go with Purdue.</p>