Question about fan support for athletic teams?

<p>Hello. I am currently a senior in HS (from southern MA) and I am trying to choose between BC, Villanova, and UMiami. While this is not a huge determining factor, I am interested in knowing the answers to these questions:</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Ok, so I know UMiami's biggest sport is football. How close to full does the stadium get (I have heard it doesn't really get close unless it is a big game because SunLife Stadium is quite large for a school the size of Miami)? Also, do most students go to them?</p></li>
<li><p>How strong is the support for the basketball and baseball team (I know UM has a very good baseball team)?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>I am interested in this question as well. I hope it gets some answers :)</p>

<p>I’m personally not into sports, but there is A TON of Hurricane spirit. You feel it the second you step on campus. Of all the schools I visited, I’d say I saw the most students wearing their school colors here. LOTS of students go to the games, especially football. Campus feels empty if you are around during a game. They have free shuttles that take students there and back, and tons of tailgates happen at the stadium. For the first home game, they even have a Freshman Class tailgate. The first home game was very busy. Every student at Miami is guaranteed a free ticket though. There is no lottery here that lots of larger schools tend to have. For away games, the Residential Colleges host watch parties, and they project the game and usually serve free pizza or wings. </p>

<p>There is pretty high interest in other sports, too. I actually went to my first baseball game this weekend. It was really fun. The stadium is known for incredible milkshakes. Lots of students actually go and get them, and they sometimes have really cool giveaways. The BUC and baseball stadium are super close to the residential colleges.</p>

<p>We actually have an entire organization that promotes attendance of UM sporting events, not just football. They award points when you attend, and certain point categories get you prizes. I put Hurricane Force’s link below. </p>

<p>[Category</a> 5: The Spirit Programming Board - HURRICANE FORCE](<a href=“http://umcategory5.com/hurricaneforce.html]Category”>http://umcategory5.com/hurricaneforce.html)</p>

<p>I’m definitely not the best person to answer sports questions since I have never been into any sports myself, but that’s just my general impression. Great school for someone who loves sports, and even though I choose not to attend many of the events, I’m still as happy as can be! It’s all about the _!</p>

<p>Also, just to confirm the new basketball presence at the U, today’s game against Florida State is sold out :-P</p>

<p>Thanks comeonapril and MarineBio! Good information.</p>

<p>And now that Florida State is thoroughly neutralized, Cane spirit will be in full force for March Madness!!</p>

<p>Sent from my myTouch<em>4G</em>Slide using CC</p>

<p>Marinebio- Great game, wasn’t it!!</p>

<p>Parent prospective here.</p>

<p>Football- Usually not packed, but fun nonetheless.
Basketball- On campus. Attendance varies by game. Can get good seats!
Baseball. Nice attendance. Son attended lots of games.</p>

<p>It was an awesome game! I watched every minute of it :)</p>