Question About UW Madison Chemical Engineering

I recently double checked my admittance letter again, and realized I have been accepted not just to the College of Engineering but specifically to the Chemical Engineering department. I thought I remember reading that students are admitted to the College of Engineering as a whole. Has this changed this year, or am I lucky applicant who got a direct admission?

Are you a freshman student or a transfer?

Here is what the COE website says about freshman admission:

“Students applying to UW-Madison to be considered for direct admission to the College of Engineering need to indicate an engineering major as their first choice. Direct admission to a major means students will start in the program of their choice in the College of Engineering and will need to meet progression requirements at the end of the first year to guarantee advancement in that program.”

Here is the link to the progression requrirements: https://www.engr.wisc.edu/academics/student-services/academic-advising/first-year-undergraduate-students/progression-requirements/

My son has been admitted letter says 'admitted to college of engg in department of chemical engineering 'so is it direct admission into chem engg right?

Yes, provided your son can meet the progression requirements freshman year. Congrats to him!

@JBStillFlying. Thanks