Question for those accepted to Engineering at TAMU for Fall 2017

@bctnln1059 see above post for the link and where I copied for class 2020 and 2 science courses must be taken at TAMU to apply to major.

@Thelma2 Ok I see what you are saying. Based on what I know, taking e-school or summer school physics in my district would not prepare me at all. Those are both offered at a very basic level. I think I’ll take physics at JuCo this summer and possibly another physics course summer after senior year. Thank you for your as well as everyone else on this thread.

@lee6666, @Thelma2, thank you for those links; I had been trying to find that info on the COE website but was unsuccessful.

Just FYI, I emailed the COE to verify whether a student coming in with credit for all of the science classes would have to retake two of them at TAMU, and this was their response:

“The students are required to take 2 of the sciences listed to be eligible for ETAM. If a student comes in with part or all of the credit and has no more to take they would not be required to retake any of the courses. In most cases the student would get a waiver for the science courses so they would be eligible for Entry to a Major.”

Oh thanks, @bctnln1059 that is good info to know!!

Mine son was actually told something different when we were there asking an engineering advisor. We were told that they would allow him to the next two Physics classes and in the case of Chemistry he could take Organic Chemistry instead of retaking either of the first two Chemistry but that he definitely needed to take two Science at A&M in order to satisfy ETAM.

Thank you for sharing that.