Questions about High school requirements

Hello everyone,

I’m thinking about applying to purdue this new application season and I’m confused about Purdue’s high school requirement page.

http://admissions.purdue.edu/apply/highschoolcourses.php

Towards the bottom of the page it lists the requirements for each subject it shows the college semesters required for each subject, and it says that 2 semesters of high school is one semester of college. Therefore, does that mean that 8 semesters of college for math is 16 semesters of high school? [THAT’s CRAZY!] [I highly doubt that, but still a bit confusing].

Also, the wording confuses me a little bit. One the link that directed to the link above, it says that they’re course expectations. The page says what are course requirements. So does this mean that if I can’t complete 4 semesters of a language or 8 semesters of math? , I will be rejected if I apply??

I think I’m overthinking this a little, I think they are just guidelines for admission and not all of the “requirements” may be satisfied. However, I would like to get some info on this.

Thanks.

P.S-

The 2 semesters of high school being equal to a semester of college thing means of you did dual enrollment you would have needed 3 years of high school math and a college semester to equal 8. I’m not sure if it’s an automatic rejection. I think it might depend on what program you’re applying to. but I would check with admissions to be certain.

@natural disaster, thanks for replying. So the chart at the bottom is only for dual enrollment.That makes sense, because It seems almost impossible to meet some of the requirements unless you loaded up on other college courses. I don’t think anyone in my high school has completed 6 semesters of social studies, for example. I think those are just conversions for college courses.

Really? 6 semesters is a requirement for high school in indiana. 1 year world history, 1 year is history, a semester of government and a semester of econ. You spend 8 semsters in high school typically and take around 5-7 courses per semester. What I meant as dual enrollment is that if instead of taking a year of English in high school, you took a semester long course at community college, those would be equal in Purdue’s eyes. Sorry if that was confusing.