Questions about Honors College

I read that a 28 act and a 3.5 gpa is required for the honors college. Does that mean that if you have those stats you are instantly admitted? Or do you have to have above those and then some are chosen from the applicant pool? Thanks

You do need to fill out the small application for honors college. If you have the Stats you should get in.

@TexasMomalso what about honors housing? You are given a room if you are in the honors college? Or is there an extra cost?

The honors housing is more expensive than the Traditional dorm housing. You are not automatically given a room in the honors housing. When the time comes you would need to log into your housing application and pick the dorm. If you are in Honors College you would be able to choose from any dorm building (except Tut, if you are male) including the honors ones. If you find that the honors dorms are not in your budget you will find plenty of honors students in all the dorms. My son an honors student lived in Mary Burke dorms and all his roommates and many in the building were honors and in the College of Engineering. You will find that students have many options at Bama, even in housing. Roll Tide!

Bryant is all Male as Tut is all Female.

@TexasMomalso Sorry I just have one more question. Are the honors dorms given on a first come first serve basis? Or is it just “luck of the draw” type of thing?

I put in the housing deposit rather early to assure DS had choices available. He was able to go in and sign up for the Honors housing from the available choices on his sign up day & time. He ended up in Ridgecrest West.

@nick98 You ask as many questions as you need. Plenty of people here that love to help and answer them. Yes they are first come first serve, The earlier you can put your housing deposit down will increase you options. When the time comes after already putting the deposit down you will receive an e-mail with assigned date and time to go back into your housing application based on when you put the deposit down to pick your dorm and even the floor and room that you would like to live in. The key to get something that fits all you needs is to do everything as soon as you can. Please pay attention to the sign up days. You should be good to go. Roll Tide!