Quinnipiac ELMPA 2024

Anyone apply to the ELMPA this year? I just had a panel interview. I think it went well, but I have to say that knowing their accreditation is now on probation does concern me. Anyone else?

My S24 applied for BS/DPT. We were debating between ELMPA and BS/DPT before submitting application. But we ended up choosing BS/DPT to apply. I saw the news about accreditation of PA program and they explained it’s mainly due to the turnover rate of faculty during COVID. But it still a concern. What happens if accreditation gets removed while students are still in the program?

1 Like

I did hear their explanation that it had to do with faculty turnover from COVID, and I wondered if that was true, or if the turnover had to do with the recent lawsuit, where a PA student claimed unfair treatment due to her mental health issues. I’m sure it didn’t help. I would think the probation would get the program to really work hard to reverse the trend, but knowing its one step away from having accreditation revoked entirely is probably too big a risk to take, like you said, especially if it happens while a student is attending. Really sad because I love everything else about the school.

1 Like

Does anyone know if all applicants to the ELMPA Program are offered interviews?

I believe I read that last year, they had 600 applications for the ELMPA program and conducted 100 interviews. Not sure if it’ll be the same this year.

1 Like