Random Questions

I love boneless thighs. I cook them on the grill often and they are always yummy with less risk of drying them out by overcooking.

I use boneless skinless thighs in a wonderful chicken curry recipe. They are much more flavorful.

My favorite tikka masala recipe uses boneless skinless chicken thighs (from costco) in the crock pot. So good.

Which is more difficult: house breaking puppies or toilet training children?

How many times a day does a puppy go? normally?

If I have difficult children, then a difficult dog… what exactly is up with me?

It’s obviously your fault.

MOD, would you share the tikka masala recipe, please?

A consumer product question: Are the store-brand navy blue double-blade disposable razors with a moisture strip the same product as the bright pink ones? The blue ones are labelled “for men” and the pink ones, “for women.” They are the same product, right?

Women’s used to be gentler. Some men didn’t get the close shave with them. Other than that, dunno.

@rutgersmamma here’s the recipe:

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in chunks

5 tb butter
1 clove garlic
1 tb ground coriander
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 tb grated fresh ginger
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups tomato puree
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

juice of one lime
1/2 cup chopped cilantro

1/3 cup plain greek-style yogurt
1/2 cup heavy cream

put all the ingredients up to the black pepper in the crock pot and cook on high for 3 hours. Shut off the machine and add the yogurt and cream, mix well. Top with the cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice and serve.

All of the spices/salt can be tweaked for your liking. I don’t like nutmeg a lot so I use less, and my husband will add more cayenne when he eats it because he likes the heat.

Who wants to start this year’s gardening thread? I got a Japanese eggplant seedling, cherry and regular tomato, onion sets, will start the rest from seeds. Any day now.

@lookingforward Someone started one recently: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/19570278#Comment_19570278

Thx. I completely missed it.

Random question- do you wash your finger tips after putting on lotions or cream before you use your touchscreen device. In the evening I like to put “stuff” on my face and hands. If I’m headed to bed and want to read on my IPad or check up on CC I rewash my fingertips.

I love love the Lego gel pens I bought at Barnes and Noble. I need gel pen refills but cannot find them. Tried staples and Lego online with no results. Any suggestions?

Do refills exist? I just looked on Amazon and didn’t find them.

ETA: I found gel pen refills, but not Lego gel pen refills.

Lego pen refills- maybe not. I was able to keep the pen without losing it at work and that was really nice. It opens up but staples didn’t have anything that looked the same.

Dumb question but, considering they’re relatively inexpensive, why a refill?

But anyway, this may be a case where you call the.mfr (or main distributor) and ask if they exist. When the kids were little, we had great light bulbs that dimmed themselves. Great for getting them to sleep. Then no more. It was only when we called corporate that we got our answer.

Another random question not worthy of its own thread:

You know those ballet slippers and moccasins that are made of soft leather and have elastic around the top? I just bought a pair in my size, but I’m finding that after an hour or two, the elastic becomes uncomfortable because it’s too tight. Will it loosen up? Should I have bought a larger size?

No, it will not loosen up. The problem is not just the elastic, but the entire construction of the shoe.

^^Dislike.