Random Questions

^^^ Yeah I figured as much…which is why I started using the Lipton Cold Brew bags…but I don’t think they’re as good as real tea so I was gonna try making some good tea soon. (thanks to the tea thread…)

Geez never thought of just boiling/steeping water in a pot, I just thought tea water MUST BE BOILED IN A KETTLE… hahah…sheesh, I’m glad I have my CC friends to clue me in to these things…

Has anyone else learned what happens when you get distracted and forget to put the top on the Nordicware microwave egg boiler?

BOOM!

No, but I know what happens when you boil them in water, get distracted, and all the water boils out. :frowning:

Yea, we’ve had boiled dry pots and exploded egg–more than once! Fortunately, no fires and the pots are still working just fine!

Oh Geez, Madison, how did you clean up afterwards? Did you try that little trick of putting a cut lemon in a bowl in the microwave first?

It took a while to clean up! Two eggs blasted to smithereens and plastered on all 6 surfaces of the microwave, accompanied by a slightly unpleasant smell. Lots of paper towels and cleaning spray.

When will my dog ever figure out that ingesting grass causes immediate vomiting?

I’m sitting here in the backyard watching him hork it up yet again, the dummy.

I don’t think anyone is sure why dogs, especially females, eat grass. One theory is it is to throw up, for some indigestion or discomfort. But I definitely know about not so smart dogs.

One of our dogs eats our fern (indoor plant) when she doesn’t feel well. I think they do it on purpose.

Did anyone catch Cooper Anderson’s documentary about his mom, Gloria Vanderbilt on CNN? Nothing Left Unsaid: Gloria

I thought it was very interesting. I’m sure they’ll be running it some more so check it out if you have the time.

Has anyone renovated a bathroom where you’ve made the bathroom door a pocket door? Is it a pain in the neck to use, or is it easy to use? I’d like to do it to save some space but I’m concerned it might be annoying to use.

We have one. It’s a pain

I have a pocket door in my master bath and love it. A traditional door would have been so inconvenient, space-wise. Just make sure to get a quality product and someone who knows how to install it properly.

@3bm103: Why is it a a pain? Is it too heavy to slide easily? Is the hardware on which it slides not smooth? Does it get off-track? Etc.

My house had 5 pocket doors installed, all were easy to use, but there was a bit of rattling. The noise couldn’t be controlled as you can with a hinged door by turning the handle until it is past the latch. We never had one get off track.

Anderson Cooper, not Cooper Anderson. :slight_smile:

He and his mom were also just on Watch What Happens Live addressing rumors that he’s in the running for the cohost’s spot on Live with Kelly and…

@VeryHappy All of the above. Latch is flimsy and useless for locking. Hard to get out so I tend to just pull on the door but when it gets put in too far, I have to reach up and pull it and I’m too short. Doesn’t stay on track well. I much prefer a nice closing door.

We love our pocket door for our master bath. It is perfect and has never given any problems, tho it is 60+ years old. Don’t have to worry about fingers or other body parts getting caught.

An alternative to pocket doors is a folding or accordion door. Takes up a bit more space than a pocket when open but not as much as a standard door. A bit quieter than a pocket as well.

When I think of folding or accordion doors, I think of tacky heavy plastic junk as in low-priced motels that falls apart. If there’s something more upscale, I’m not aware of it. Is there??