Random Questions

I’m not a fan of canned soup in general (the one I will use is Campbell’s french onion) but I always enjoyed a cup of Campbell’s tomato on a rare occasion! If I buy prepared soup is usually one of the two packs at Costco.

I like to keep a few packs of ramen soup noodles in my pantry for when I’ve got a bad cold. I’ve tried some of the healthier alternative brands but they don’t hit the spot like cheap brands.

1 Like

I used to like their chunky clam chowder but its not close to what it used to be. Might as well be water.

1 Like

Will have about 5 hrs in Albuquerque between our flight and our kids. Suggestions for things to do besides hit the nambe’ outlet store?

Companies periodically tweak their food formulations to make them appear healthier. Could it be the case? There was something about Campbell’s lowering sodium content in their soups quite a while ago, but I don’t see any newer news. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well they are certainly healthier for me because I don’t eat them anymore…

Well, I did some add ins myself (a little salt, some halved grape tomatoes, basil) and what I would say it lacked was…tomato flavor! Like so, so weak of that richness! I didn’t use skim milk. The consistency of the condensed soup was a little looser - I didn’t have to scoop any out, it came out with one shake of the hand.

Whatever, just a comfort item sometimes and it was noticeably blah!

TJ tomato paste in the tube is the easiest way (imho) to add tomato flavor! But I understand your disappointment. Oh, also grated parmesan/romano.

2 Likes

I almost always add parm! If you don’t…you should! :wink:

The tomato paste is a good idea - but also maybe I just don’t buy Campbell’s anymore!

1 Like

Late to seeing this but hope you found something. Have fun with the kids and the grands!

We use Campbell’s Tomato Bisque in our mac & cheese, diluted with some milk.

We stayed at Los Poblanos, they have a nice bar and restaurant if you’re wanted a relaxing meal. You can take a walk through the farm and they had a nice shop.

1 Like

we still have a week! Ideas?

Sorry, no ideas. @WayOutWestMom will surely have some.

1 Like

Lo Poblanos is too far from the airport for leisurely drinks at the bar.

The Nambé outlet is no more, but there’s a Nambé store in Paseo Crossing shopping center. There’s a Pendleton store and couple of restaurants in the same outdoor center. Flying Star is local chain of fast casual dining. The food is pretty good (it used to be much better, but the pandemic hurt their business a lot), nothing special. It has vegan options, though. There’s nice bar/restaurant, Vintage 423, there if you want something more laid back and with a better selection of wines. Vintage has an outdoor second story deck with excellent views of the mountains.

There’s the Albuquerque Art Museum in Old Town. The Natural History Museum is directly across the street from it. Explora!–which is children’s hands-on science museum is a block or so away. There’s also a Planetarium in Tiguex Park which right next to the ABQ Museum.

Other things to see in Old Town. There may be Native American craftspeople selling goods on the nearby street (usually only on weekends). The Candy Lady for her naughty chocolates and Breaking Bad “blue meth” candy. Silver Sun is Native-owned jewelry shop and has lots of handcrafted earrings/bracelets, etc. Plenty of other interesting shopping in Old Town.

Plenty of restaurants in and around Old Town. I like (the original) Cocina Azul for New Mexican food. The Sawmill Market is a food court with plenty of quick meal options and some gift-y shops. Or try Golden Crown Panaderia for very good pizza and excellent New Mexican baked goods like biscochitos, empanadas and green Chile bread. (It’s been featured on the Food Channel several times)

Thanks!!! We will have a few hours between when our flight lands and when we meet up with the rest of the crew. We then head to Santa Fe. If you just had maybe 4 hours to kill in Albuquerque what would you pick? And bummer about the nambe outlet. It still shows up online :frowning:

Think I would probably go to Old Town and just look around. lots of unique stores to browse and plenty of very good restaurants. And bars too, if you want to have a leisurely drink.

Me, personally, if I had 3 hours I ABQ, I would bee-line to The Range Cafe on the corner of Montgomery and Wyoming. I love their food and I desperately need a green Chile fix now that I no longer live in ABQ. The Range is my ultimate comfort food.

When my kids left town for college, they always insisted on going to The Range as soon as they got home for green Chile.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Wondered if anyone had a recommendation for a battery-powered vacuum (one of those “stick ones”) that can be used on luxury vinyl plank floor?

I know they are not supposed to have a “beater bar” (?) to protect the finish but info online is overwhelming! Thanks! :blush:

1 Like

Best stick? A Dyson! There are hardwood attachments for stick Dyson which will work on your floors or any solid floors.

Like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Dyson-Fluffy-Cleaner-Models-966489-04/dp/B074Q3R5G3/