Random Questions

What are you into?

There are plenty of lovely outdoor areas if you want take a short hike. You could drive to the east side of the Sandia Mountains and drive to the top of Sandia Peak for some spectacular views. There’s easy walk hiking trail along the top of the ridge. (Note the elevation, though. Much of the trail is near 11,000 ft altitude. Altitude sickness is a real possibility for people used to lower elevations.)

If you want to use up most of your time, the Sandia Peak Tramway is longest single span tram in the world. It goes to the top of the Sandias from the west side (ABQ side) of the ridge. At the top is a really nice, newly re-opened restaurant & cafe if you want to sit and take in the views. The restaurant is also on the ridge line trail that heads toward the peak top, (Note the altitude is 11,000 ft above sea level) Ride up takes about 30 minutes; another 30 minutes to come down. I believe the trams run hourly in the summer so plan to stop and see the sights from the top.

There’s lovely walking trail in the bosque (woods that line both side of the Rio Grande) that starts up at Paseo del Norte and Rio Grande Blvd.

There’s a small bison herd on the Sandia Indian Reservation that you can see if you drive along Tramway Blvd from I-25 to the east. There’s also an excellen and huge shop for Native American arts & crafts on the Sandia reservation (immediately off 1-25) just north of town. It’s not far north of Paseo del Norte. Bien Mur

The Indian Pueblo Cultural Center is part living history museum, part crafts show, with an excellent restaurant featuring Native American cuisine.

Most museums are in Old Town, except for the Maxwell Museum of Anthropology on UNM’s campus. (Excellent collection of Native American baskets and pottery. Worthwhile if that’s interest of yours.)

2 Likes

Thanks!

Thanks! We are planning hikes in Santa Fe (Dale ball trails) but unsure how much we can do with our continued recovery from broken bones. I poop out easily.

1 Like

Thanks for all the Dyson feedback!

As with my precision decision-making re: choice of a carry-on rolling bag and work laptop backpack - probably going with the CC consensus!! :blush:

Which rolling bag did you get?

1 Like

Jym626 - I got the Travelpro spinner made for Macy’s. It is perfect!

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/travelpro-walkabout-6-carry-on-expandable-spinner-created-for-macys?ID=14826202

1 Like

The Dyson cordless is going on sale at Costco $100 off.

1 Like

Good to know!!! That’s the one that’s good for hard floors? (trying to keep all the Dysons straight! lol)

All Dyson V** can be if you buy the hardwood attachment.

1 Like

I have this or maybe a previous version shark navigator and love it.

I bought a second shark navigator a couple years after this one for my 2nd floor.

We buy them at Costco so returns aren’t an issue.

1 Like

Thanks, psychomomma!

1 Like

Random question: I have white lacquered cabinets. The two above the ovens, one of which which I also use as a broiler, have become yellowed – from the heat, from the grease, I don’t know. I’ve tried the Dove product that you spray on that cuts through grease, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, and other products, but I can’t get those cabinets white again. Any ideas??

Unfortunately it could be the actual lacquer that has yellowed over time due to the heat.

5 Likes

Sadly, you are going to need a whole new kitchen :joy:

1 Like

Or just new cabinet doors…
CC relishes kitchen renovations… :smile:

2 Likes

You’re all totally silly. If it is the lacquer, I’ll just have my wonderful contractor paint those two doors when we’re ready to move. For which we have no plans whatsoever.

3 Likes
1 Like

Oh my, that’s a lot of information.

My hub is at Costco and (I think??) found the good Dyson stick!

Sorry if I missed this - do we have to buy a hard floor attachment or would this be okay for LVP/hardwood on its own?

I’m not 100% sure but that is the one I bought at Costco and it came with a bunch of different attachments. I use mine on real hardwood and I’ve had no issues.

1 Like