Ready To Party.....With Barbenheimer: NO SPOILERS PLEASE

I did not figure it out at the time, but did look it up on the internet. I like it when filmmakers play with the medium like that, but sometimes I miss the intent. I think it was in West World I was supposed to notice that some scenes were letter box format and others were normal, but I never noticed the change so I never got the message.

3 Likes

i did not catch that muted color point of view till now. Want to go back and watch it again. I agree that it was hard to keep all of the characters straight. But we really did like the movie.

the barbie movie; it was sort of fun; enjoyed the nostalgia, ken was great; but i wouldnt probably share with younger kids. not because the content is “too adult” — but because it would probably be over their head and not make sense.

1 Like

Finally got to see Barbie movie today. My husband is out of town, and daughter suggested we meet to see it. It involved driving to Westminster (toward Denver - gasp, not my usual cup of tea). But I got to experience the movie, my kid, and the Alamo theater where you can order food and beer.

As expected, not really a kid movie… though we did see a little girl there about age 6. Glad I saw it since it is talked about a lot. And had some laughs too.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.