Reason in Communication, Philosophy 210

<p>Has anyone taken Reason in Communication (Philosophy 210)? How is it? How hard is it? etc. Hoping I can take this to satisfy the Quantitative Reasoning A requirement. Does anyone know if this class is pretty popular and fills up quick? I have a july 22nd SOAR date so I am a little worried that it may fill up. I am TERRIBLE at math and haven't done it in a long time. Worried that I would do poorly on the placement test and have to take a non-credit remedial math class. I think I can take PHIL 210 to satisfy QR-A regardless on my test scores. Can anyone confirm this. The class actually seems pretty interesting as well and I am some what interested in Philosophy even though I will be a sophomore transfer Legal Studies major.</p>

<p>Thanks So Much!</p>

<p>Hey, I took this class and would recommend it. There is a lot of memorization involved at times, but still it’s definitely easier than math. I slacked off in this class a lot and came out with a B I think. And you’re right that it is interesting, especially because it can apply a lot to real life.</p>

<p>Does it fill up pretty quick? Can you take it even you do poorly on the math placement test? I am thinking law school, so I think this class will be useful.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Yep, you can take it no matter how you did on the math placement test. I didn’t test out of Quantitative Reasoning A or B on my placement test (those are the math/quantitative reasoning requirements for Letters and Science) so I took Philosophy 210 to satisfy Quant A and 211 to satisfy Quant B. And I don’t know how fast it fills up, sorry :-/ It is very useful for law school - that and 211.</p>

<p>So you can for sure take the class regardless of math placement test scores?</p>

<p>Yeah. Quant A is the lowest math requirement and it doesn’t even require that one.</p>

<p>What do you mean by “it doesn’t require that one?” Was a bit unclear. So this class does fulfill Quan Reasoning A regardless of math placement test score right?</p>

<p>Yes 10char</p>

<p>What do you mean my 10char? I just want to confirm that PHIL 210 does cover Quan A requirement regardless of math placement score. Still a little unclear.</p>

<p>Appreciate It!</p>

<p>10char is what you write when your response is shorter than 10 characters on CC, since shorter than that is not allowed.</p>

<p>I think it’s been stated rather clearly several times. Good lord.</p>

<p>hey guys, what do you learn in this course exactly? only logic? and how heavy is the workload?
Any input will be appreciated.</p>

<p>By your most recent post you are already on campus. Talk to students you know or read what you can online. You should have done so before winter break.</p>