Reciprocity with MN/School of Music

I have 2 questions. I have a junior looking at colleges for music. We are in Minnesota.

For purposes of admission, as a MN resident, are we treated as OOS at UW Madison in terms of selectivity or more like in state? This kid had a 31 ACT as a sophomore so I suspect his final score will be stronger, but just curious.

He is considering the school of music. If anyone has thoughts about that program, we’d appreciate those as well.

For admission, yes he is an OOS, but with a 31 ACT, if his grades are equally good, he has a very good chance of being admitted.

What instrument does he play? It’s important to have a lesson with the professor for his instrument, this made all the difference for my D18 in choosing where to apply.

OK great. He’s homeschooled but has a dual enrollment GPA of 4.0 straight up right now so I think he’ll probably be in decent shape. And he’s hoping to gain on the ACT since he took it last spring. He didn’t prep much last time.

He’s probably looking at vocal performance/composition though he plays piano very well (11+ years). We are considering visiting this winter. If anyone has thoughts on good voice profs to contact, you are welcome to message me privately as well. :slight_smile: Thanks!