Regular Decision 2021 Discussion/Results Thread

ACCEPTED !!!

Applied end of December!! Go Hokies !! :slight_smile:

How does one know accepted to Engineering? Does it specifically state that? My son applied for Engineering, site says accepted; Admission Type: “Regular Freshman Applicant”

Son was accepted. Very exciting night for him - and us.

Decision: Accepted - Architecture

Out of Sate

Objective:

• ACT: 329 (Math(29) English(32)
  • Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.6
  • Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): No Rank
  • AP (place score in parenthesis): AP English (12)
  • IB (place score in parenthesis): IB SL Math 1 & 2, IB HL Physics 1 & 2, IB HL English, IB HL History, IB SL Film
  • Senior Year Course Load: IB Film, IB Physics 2, IB Math, Student Gov, Web Design, AP English
  • Extracurriculars: Senior Class President, Associated Student Body Officer, Engineering Club President, Athletes for Kids Mentor, JV Tennis Team, Ice Hockey, Soccer
  • Job/Work Experience: Run my own Photography Business
  • Volunteer/Community service: Mentor for Child w/ Special Needs, Various other volunteer work
  • Personal Statement: talked about my passion in Arch
  • State (if domestic applicant): Washington
  • School Type: Public
  • Ethnicity: Asian
  • Income Bracket: Upper Middle Class
  • Hooks (URM, first generation college, research, etc.): Went to a Arch Summer Camp at Cal Poly SLO

Reflection

• Strengths: Essays, Leadership, Extracurriculars
  • Weaknesses: GPA and ACT (Somewhat)
  • Schools were you accepted/waitlisted to? (Deferred from Cornell ED) Accepted to Washington State, University of Oregon, and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
  • Schools you were rejected from? None Yet
  • Schools you are waiting for? Cal Poly SLO, Cornell, University of Washington, University of Mass-Amherst, Carnegie Mellon, Pratt, Rhode Island School of Design, and Syracuse.

Congrats to everyone that made it!!

OOS S was accepted! :slight_smile: It took awhile to get onto site but it was definitely worth the wait!

Regarding Honors College:

From http://www.honorscollege.vt.edu/faq.html

• How and when will I hear my admission decision? First-year and transfer students admitted to Virginia Tech who meet the criteria for admission to the Honors College will receive a separate Honors College decision notification soon after the Virginia Tech admissions decision.

Current Virginia Tech students accepted into the Honors College will receive their decision via regular mail within several weeks after the submission of their application.

I got accepted!!! Congrats to ALL that got accepted, and best of luck to those who can’t get in yet to see their status.

@vacollegemom4 Good point.  My daughter also put down 1 major. I was under the impression that this meant that she will not hear until March and that if she was declined it would have indicated as such. I or my daughter will probably e-mail them tomorrow.

@SCLADY12 We’re on the same page. I emailed them tonight-will let you know what I hear. I don’t think they released any rejections today but I might be wrong. Let me know if you hear anything :slight_smile:

@vacollegemom4 Will do. Thanks!

@HardCoreAsian Did you get notice of grants with your admissions today?

@SCLADY12 @sbgal2011 alas the wait continues for my DD too… And we are instate and a legacy. Unfortunately applied a little late to the game and transcripts dos not get sent until mid January. Good luck to you all! Maybe we will meet in SC after all

Where does the admissions decision appear? I still can’t get into my account but I am just wondering. I know that you click on application information and then fall 2017 but where does it show up on that page?

My D was just accepted Engineering OOS Pennsylvania - 34 ACT. If they could only give out some academic scholarships to the out-of-state (as does Ohio State) so that we can afford VT.

@mj710287 It will show right when you hit Fall 2017.

For those of you who indicate accepted for Engineering, does it specifically state that? My son’s acceptance simply states “Offered Admission” and for “Admission Type” states “Regular Freshman Applicant” He applied for Engineering, but the site makes no mention. Would appreciate some feedback on that?

Did anyone who applied to the business school receive a decision today?

Did you have to apply earlier on to get notified today?

Applied November 27th, waited three hours because their website could not handle what they knew would happen, and didn’t get a decision. Doesn’t make me want to go to VT as much as I did before.

@lopeztlo7 @sbgal2011 Still waiting to hear from USC and CofC. UGH!!!