Rider vs. Competitors

<p>Not knowing any students at the schools, I will welcome advice on how Rider compares to Faireligh, Monmouth and other regional schools.</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>Pretty similar.</p>

<p>Thanks. How would you descirbe this group of schools and how well do you know them?</p>

<p>Rider has too many geese, and I think that you are trapped without a car. I haven't seen it since the dorms got redone, but the dorms were the worst dorms I have seen anywhere. I felt that since they allowed students to live like that for so long, they did not care too much about how students live. I would not send my child there for that reason. </p>

<p>Monmouth has a housing shortage, at least the last time I checked. You realisically need to think about car and apartment expenses unless commuting. Those costs might more than make up for their "merit aid" awards. The campus is lovely and close to the beach. I found housing the big issue.</p>

<p>FDU has 2 campuses in NJ. The one in Florham supposed to be lovely. Do a search. There is a poster on CC who has a son attending and they are from California. He received a very nice scholarship and seems to be enjoying FDU!</p>

<p>I think that all 3 schools have small class sizes.</p>

<p>Thanks
Is there any difference among their academic reputations?</p>

<p>I really don't know. In my own head, I'd rate them about the same, but that is not based upon legitimate stats of any kind. I think that for individual departments/majors you might find some differences in reputation. I know that Rider used to have some extra designation for their business program that perhaps more schools have since gotten (just one example). Out of these 3, I would just go for the one I liked best for whatever reason, and/or cost.</p>

<p>Thanks
Pennsylvania seems to have vastly more quality small colleges than New Jersey, well beyond the difference in population and geography.</p>