RN programs

<p>My D got into URI, Quinnipiac, and Simmons for Nursing. Any advice out there to make a good decision?</p>

<p>Congrats on your D getting into three excellent Nursing Programs. IMHO there is no significant differences between these schools from an academic perspective. If finances are a major issue I would choose the most economical. If finances are not a significant issue perhaps you D might do best in the college where she feels she best “fits-in” with regarding what she is looking for in an overall college experience/setting. These schools are different from a number of other parameters and sometimes I think students who are Nursing majors don’t give sufficient consideration to these other factors in making their decision. These other factors can sometimes have a significant impact on how well a person does at college. Just my perspective. I suspect others might feel differently.</p>

<p>You really seem to have lots of excellent information on various nursing programs. My daughter has been accepted into the following and is still waiting to hear from UD. Can you provide some input on her options:</p>

<p>Fairfield University
Quinnipiac University
Villanova University
University of Scranton
UD (still waiting)</p>

<p>She is getting so confused as she likes different things about each school. We are hoping for some clarity, as we are attending Accepted Student Days over the next few weeks. Still crossing our fingers on UD too, I know you have experience there if you can chance my daughter for OOS at UD that would be great. Her stats are as follows:</p>

<p>GPA: 3.85UW, 4.1 Weighted
SAT: 1310(1600)/1940(2400)
Lots of leadership in clubs, sports and a part-time job. Excellent recommendations and a good essay. Also, over 500 hours of community service and fundraising of over $300,00 for her favorite charitable organization.</p>

<p>RGKovacs519
A few questions to help me formulate my response if you don’t mind:

1. Did your D apply to the Honors Program at UD?
  2. Has your D recently (within the last 2 weeks) received any emails or letters from UD?</p>

<p>My daughter did not apply to Honors Program, do you think she should have? She did get offered Honors Program at Quinnipiac and Scranton along with very nice scholarships. Nice scholarship at Fairfield too. Villanova no merit dollars :frowning: </p>

<p>She did not get any letter or emails, however, her portal page has the same message “We are still reading … you should hear something soon” We also received the UD Viewbook last week.</p>

<p>RGKovacs519
I sent you a PM-Please let me know if you got it. Thanks</p>

<p>Thank you so much Mwallenmd - I did receive your PM. I unfortunately have not posted enough to be able to respond via PM. You feedback was great. Would you know anything about Merit aid at UD, is it something that is given and are there any thresholds on scores associated with it.</p>

<p>UD gives out a substantial amount of merit aid to OOS applicants. This is due in part to the fact that 2/3rds of the students at UD are from OOS (which gives UD a slight feel more like a private university compared to other State Flagship Universities where the overwhelming majority of students are from in-state). Merit aid tends to be based primarily on SAT/ACT scores and the competition has been steadily increasing over the last 5 years or so. I hesitate to predict amounts but in the past applicants with the stats your D has were awarded merit aid in the neighborhood of 8-12K yearly. Obviously no guarantees for this year. Hope this info is helpful. Best of luck to your D.</p>