Ron Brown High School 2016

It would be great if we could defer it to grad school. XD

@Chopinspiano Yea that’s what I was thinking. But then I saw on the website that “You are eligible for a Ron Brown Scholarship even if you receive other scholarships or financial aid.”

So I’m wondering what happens when those scholarships add up to be more than the cost of attendance.

@UnicornDuchess In that case most students use the extra scholarship money for study abroad or research projects.

Does anyone remember if the scholarship asked for us to put our first choice school on it? I don’t think it did but I can’t remember.

The application did ask for first choice:)

It’s not on the application…the one on the website right?

Right. I’ve done so many that asked forgot this one didn’t. Pulled up the application and they don’t ask for first choice school.

Ok! because i started panicking XD ok thanks for clarification!

Haha sorry for the incorrect info:)
Hopefully we hear back this weekend :smiley:

Anyone doing jackie robinson too? that one you dont hear back from until june…

I am doing that one too

I wanted to address a couple of questions that have been posed on the thread. No, you cannot defer the money to grad school. If you become a RBS the scholarship amount is 10k a year but if you do not end up with 10k of allowable expenses during the year you forfeit the remainder of the funds for that year and then you start over the next academic year. Whatever amount isn’t spent does not roll to the next year. If you are selected for RB you will be ineligible for Jackie Robinson-before they select semifinalists they ask you to disclose other major scholarships.

If you become a RBS semifinalist they will ask you to list the schools you have applied to and the ones you have been accepted to. You will also have about a week to produce 2 more essays. Good luck to everyone!

That’s exactly why I didn’t apply for Jackie Robinson. I applied for quite a bit but not JR or AXA.

@planner03 Thanks! I’m also applying to the Jackie Robinson scholarship.

So today should be the day :-SS

Good luck to us all. From last year’s thread the email was sent around 12-1pm EST.

So being off from school today doesn’t help. Just allows me to keep refreshing CC and my email [-O<

I got nothing so far

Me neither

Lol good sign!!!