Roommate Finder

<p>Okay. Makes sense to me. Thanks.</p>

<p>^^^ There’s actually a very descriptive and instructional video on the housing site that even shows you the screens, etc. … a great “how to” resource. If you’re lucky and happy with your first selection, you can literally be done in less than 5 minutes. Good luck.</p>

<p>Thanks for that Dad2ild…it certainly makes the process seem less intimidating. DD just found out that I deposited really early, she wants Ridgecrest South, but a 4 bedroom and we have heard that those are the first to go?</p>

<p>any pros or cons to 4 bed vs 2 bed suites?</p>

<p>^^^ Buzymom3 … RCS-N was very popular last year, has been the newest dorm, and is the one that is showcased during tours … so yes they go fast. Last year they made things a bit easier for honors kids because now all 5 floors are honors where before it was only 3 floors. There are very few 2 bedroom suites actually, the vast majority of the rooms are 4 person suites. When you start to pick your room you ask to pick rooms that have at least x number of currently open bedrooms and then you pick the room, place yourself in a bedroom A, B, C or D and THEN pull in any roomies based on their codes. My daughter paid her housing deposit in late Oct or early Nov last year and got into RCS-N on her first attempt.</p>

<p>Anyone know what happens to those with NM(A)(H)F scholarships? The scholarship cover housing with the “largest room option in a particular dorm.” What happens if there aren’t any space left in the 4-person?</p>

<p>I was wondering the very same thing, AJmicro.</p>

<p>^^^^ As my post above indicated, the number of 4 person suites Vastly outnumbers the 2 person suites. Some of the dorms don’t even have the option for 2 person suites. This should definitely not be an issue for you. Remember you’re only picking your bedroom in a 4 person suite. So unless you’re pulling people in, you’re really just looking for an opening in a 4 person suite. If you are trying to pull in 1 or more people, that is where an issue can come into play depending on how late your priority date is. But even having said that, Housing reserves rooms in blocks for different sign up dates, so it’s not like all the rooms get taken on the first day. Also know that upperclassmen will have already booked their rooms before freshmen even start. There are many variables, but the process is pretty easy. I’d advise you to watch the very informative video on the Housing website. Good luck.</p>