Roommates

<p>Hi im looking for a roommate so that i dont just get a random one who could potentially have no interests that i have. I am on the fbook group an have been talking to people there about rooming, but some people at vtech told me that the best time to find a roommate is at orientation because you actually meet the people in person then. However, this is much later and is basically the last chance to confirm roommates. Are there any suggestions as to whether or not i should agree to room with someone now who i have found to be relatively compatible based on a fbook message (obviously not very reliable, but still) or should i wait for orientation and hope that I find someone i really get along with after meeting them in person?
thanks</p>

<p>I understand why people would want a roommate that they get along with but I do not see why people seem to be stressing out about finding a roommate that fits their perfect requirements on that facebook group. If I were you I would wait until I actually met the person in common since on that facebook people might seem one way to not drive away potential roommates. Even if you do random though you are most likely going to get someone respectful. In the end they are just your roommate, you have the entire school to find people with your interests. It would be awkward to become best buddies the first week and realize later you do not want to hang around them as much later when you do find those friends. So it might either be a good idea to wait and meet them in person or just go with random and get someone who respects you and your space like you do theirs and make friends who you have a lot in common with.</p>

<p>woops i meant met “wait until you meet the person in person” not common</p>