Roommates

I have committed to university of wisconsin madison, but I’m struggling to understand their roommate situation. does anyone know if they use a quiz or know the link to get there?

No questionnaire- they found years ago that random assignments worked just as well with none. People can choose to room with a specific person. Both must list each other plus the same rankings and when the housing assignment lottery is done I believe they get the choice of the second one to come up in the lottery. Students may know if there is a Facebook site people communicate on to see if they want to room together.

Random roommates can work just fine. You are not expected to be friends but to get along.

Agree with @wis75 – UW does not match roommates, it is a purely random process. Students can choose to room with someone rather than go random, both students need to list each other on the housing form. The admitted student FB group was where a lot of students went to meet potential roommates, with students sharing info about their academic interests, music tastes, partying interests, and preference to southeast vs. lakeshore neighborhood./

@wis75 and @midwestmomofboys do either of you know how transfer roommate situations work? Similar to freshmen? Thank you.

@Kimo1999 sorry, no info on transfer housing, wish I could help more!