Rose-Hulman EA Class of 2026 Decisions

I think it’s renewable every year.

They said as long as the student keeps full-time status, the scholarship is for 4 years. No grades needed. Automatically renews yearly.

1 Like

D22 was awarded 25K. She was honored to say the least.

3 Likes

My son received the $23,500. It’s a nice amount but not enough to bring RH into budget. Had hoped he would compete for Noblitt but he was not invited.

What’s the # you are trying to get to?

I’ve had those same questions. If I can find anything I’ll let you know!

Our budget is $35k/year for all costs

That is exactly what they offered our son. As it works out, that amount makes the cost of RHIT comparable to in-state UofM, to which he applied, like every student with decent grades in MI does.

1 Like

To clarify - your total out of pocket for RHIT will be 35k/yr? Did you receive need based grants on top of the merit? In our letter, the estimated total cost with R&B, laptop, fees, is $71,166. Add in the books & misc of $3060 and it’s a total COA of $74226. I don’t consider the Fed loan an award; it’s a loan. Due to a high EFC, no need based aid for us. So after the $23500 merit award our cost would be $50726. Far exceeding our budget and other offers he has received.

1 Like

Are the estimated indirect costs per year or for all 4 years? If so, your #s make sense. My S22 loves Rose but if he gets into any of his target UCs or CSUs then it would be incredibly hard to look past these costs.

These costs are annual :money_mouth_face: This was not my son’s top choice; it was one a friend recommended, and it sounded like it could be a good fit for him (if awarded more merit).

I’m just comparing tuition/fees and room/board costs and find RHIT is about $11,000 more than Michigan, in-state. That doesn’t include the laptop either, so year 1 will be even higher. Our cost would be about $41k for RHIT, plus the laptop, books, and personal/travel expenses.

My son was offered $34,500/year in merit and grants combined.

2 Likes

Looks like Noblitt updates went out to those who applied.

2 Likes

Good luck to all who applied for Noblitt! Rooting for you.

1 Like

My son was invited to move to the next round! We are super excited and hope it will move to the affordable range after this. Good luck to all!

4 Likes

My son also moved on. Crossing our fingers. Good luck to your son.

2 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Congrats to your sons @Luanne and @beachfamily!

2 Likes

Does anyone know what the next steps are for Noblitt?